Home Menopause Forum What's on your mind?

Allergies and sinus

MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 144 mod

good evening,I know that this has nothing to do with menopause but is anyone else suffering with allergies and sinus they are killing me so much post nasal drip and headaches. I finally called my doctor, getting medication delivered to me on Monday hopefully I will get some relief from it.

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin

Yes, me! It starts every year in May and lasts until late September...I sometimes feel fever-ish and suffer from unbearably itchy eyes! I got an eye lotion the other day which is helping a little. Hope your appointment goes well!

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 144 mod

@Blanka_C

I am doing much better now the doctor added Zyrtec and antibiotics. I haven't taken the antibiotics yet because before the medication was delivered to my house, my symptoms were going away. I just ran out of Flonase so I am going to get more of that and I hope to be ok. If my symptoms get really bad again I will take the antibiotics.

Happy Friday

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 144 mod

I am so glad, I am doing a lot better with the sinus and allergies. I am now taking Zyrtec and Benedryll occasionally. I didn't have to take the antibiotics because my symptoms went a way on their own maybe because I waited so long.

So happy to get that out of the way for now but it will be back again when the season changes.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I didn't have allergies and sinus until I got older. Never had asthma or allergies when I was younger?

Just recently I would say in the past three or so years I am now allergic to shellfish and I LOVE LOVE LOVE shellfish and I can't have any of it now what a blow.