Home Menopause Forum What's on your mind?

How is everyone doing?

MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 144 mod
edited June 26 in What's on your mind?

Happy Wednesday!!!

I wanted to reach out to see how everyone is doing during this COVID-19 situation? Are you home? Are you working? How are you feeling? Are things getting ready to open up where you are.

I am doing pretty good, the social distancing sometimes gets to me as I mentioned before I miss my family (daughter, granddaughters and my mom). Sometimes that can be difficult but thank goodness for the technology that we have. I use FaceTime quit a bit and then I used Zoom last Saturday for a virtual game night with the family which was really fun. Looking forward to doing a Girlfriend virtual Wine and Paint night. I have to come up with something to take my mind off of things so I try to do something fun.

I have been trying to keep myself busy trying to find free training on things that I am interested in Entrepreneurship, Photography and I may try to get my certification in my career field but I am also trying to make sure that I balance things as well.

I haven't done any of my scrapbooking, crafts, or sewing (I am beginner). I wanted to do rock painting but haven't tried it yet and making cards. Making cards should be pretty simple may try to do that this weekend. I started to crochet but didn't get far. My problem is starting things and not finishing them. My office looks a mess with business stuff and hording of craft supplies all over the places from over the years. It is crazy but it is fun crazy :0.

Honestly not looking forward to them opening the state on where I live supposed to do it this Friday but I think it is to soon. I don't really miss work to much, I have actually enjoyed being home and doing some of things that I like doing.

I wanted to check on everyone and I hope that you and your families are staying safe.

Comments

• LemonyLemony Posts: 32

Hi Monic

you sound like you are really busy. I too am doing zoom quiz nights every Saturday with friends.

I’ve enjoyed the time with my family although I’m suffering from bad anxiety at the moment. I’m just hoping it will ease after all this ends.

please take care and stay safe xx

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 144 mod

@Lemony

I am trying but it seems like my day gets past me so quickly and I end up not getting half the things done on my list LOL. I do stuff here and there but not really knocking to much off of my "do list" sort of sad.

What is the zoom quiz nights? Does some one host it or do you do it yourself? Do you choose topics? Sounds like fun.

Are you taking anything for the anxiety? Have you talked to anyone about it?

I hope you feel better and stay safe

Hi @MonicaM

yes the quiz’s are hosted each we and we do fancy dress.

I’m on beta blockers but they don’t really do anything apart from slow your heartbeat down.

I know it’s a mixture of the menopause and a so called friend being nasty towards me that causing it. I gave cut her out my life now for good. But it still hurts what she did.

hope you are getting through your list.

stay safe too x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin

Hi @Lemony!

That Zoom quiz sounds SO fun!! You know, I sometimes (read: every other day lol) dress up at home just to feel good. The other day I dyed my hair a totally new colour and put on my fanciest dress just "because". :D

Oh, I didn't know beta blockers are prescribed to help anxiety. Might be worth giving a call to your doctor, say your mood hasn't improved?

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope it works out. :)

Best,

Blanka x

(P.S. I left some tips about anxiety on your other thread!)

• JunieJunie Posts: 45 ✭✭

Hi Blanka

what colour is your hair?

I have to do my grey roots, but keep putting it off.

Junie

@Lemony

The quizzes sound like fun and you seem to be making them very interactive which is so nice.

Sorry that you had to loose a friend and that she was so nasty towards that is hurtful.

That is the issue Lemony I have lists LOL and I haven't finished much on them lately but I am slowing trying to push forward with them. Along with trying to find another full time job. I take my time and don't put any pressure on myself trying to enjoy this time and not rush things. :)

Hi @MonicaM

Lovely to hear from you. I’m good today thank you.

What field of employment are you looking for? Best of luck it’s a difficult time.

i need to get back to you cleaning I cleaned that much the first month I’m now bored of it. So that is top of my list tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening x

Hi @MonicaM

I think I need to read my messages back sorry for the typos. Fat fingers on a iPhone. Hope you are well

x

Hi @Junie, sorry I meant to reply earlier! Good question, ha. I wanted deep cherry brown, but it turned out to be more rose gold with brown patches. Very summery but I don't think it really suits me so I'm going to go ahead with the classic this weekend: dark chocolate brown. 😂

Hope you're keeping well xx

Sounds colourful, we all need a bit of colour.

yep , I am getting dark brown. I think the l’oreal Excellence. Hope I can do the back of my head ok, as I am doing grey roots first.

not sure if I should buy a tinting brush and bowl.

hugs

Junie

Oh, I was going to get the exact same range this afternoon! And been thinking for days if I can get away with using my hands only (I'm 100% I can't 😂). What a coincidence!

Have a fab afternoon x

Oh, we think alike,

yep I will get it tomorrow, the dark brown.

good luck, keep smiling

hugs

Junie

@Blanka_C @Junie

Good luck with the hair coloring, I thought about attempting to my own but I don't think I am that bold yet but I may have to because the gray hair is really getting on my nerves right now. I need a hair cut too for my split ends but scared to do that right now don't have the correct scissors to do it and not feeling 100% confident in messing with my hair. But again that may all change soon because not sure how much longer I can look crazy like this LOL.

@Lemony

Happy Friday

Hope you were able to get your cleaning done.

My career field is in Human Resources it is struggle out here to find something but hopefully I will find something soon and then be able to retire in a few years.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Hi Monika

we hope to do a good job, you can do it Monika, have a look at you tube videos.

hugs

Junie

Hi

Just done my roots, hopefully my hairdresser will be open when they need doing again.

glad I did them, Blanka did you do yours?

Junie

@Junie

You are awesome to be able to do your roots congratulations, I haven't tried to do mine, I have become that adventurous yet but I am even nervous when the salons open how are they going to handle their clients with the virus stuff. I can't wait to at least get a perm, color and hair trim. But I may do my own perm this week or weekend right now being lazy and not feeling like it LOL.

Hi Monika

ok perm it is, you can do it, it will make you feel better.

the salons will have to meet guidelines. Hairdressers and clients will have to wear masks and gloves, the salons will have to be adapted.

hope you do your hair,

hugs

Junie