Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Menopause

CatinaCatina Posts: 4

Hello I'm 47 years old and have been 14 months with no periods. I started feeling strong symptoms of menopause. Like sweats ,chills ,nausea , flushing mood swings palpitations etc. My doctor did blood work and all my levels are low my estrogen is 6 lh is0.3 and fsh is 3.2 my numbers are low.. so my doctors says I'm post menopausal. Has anyone else had these low numbers and pot menopausal??

Best Answer

Answers

• CatinaCatina Posts: 4

Monica M.

Thanks for the response. I feel so much better . I dont feel so alone.♥️

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 189 mod

@Catina

You are welcome, you are never alone with our group. Glad we can help.

• Diane Porterfield-BourneDiane Porterfield-Bourne Posts: 265 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@Catina

Thank you @MonicaM

Thank you for posting and as you have rightly said you are glad you are not alone.

You certainly are not, not only are we at Live Better With Menopause here but every women in the world will be with you too!

A year after a period you are post menopausal. The NICE guidelines on menopause are quite clear that over the age 45 you do not need a blood test to identify menopause. It is diagnosed by your age and symptoms. Of course it is important not to dismiss other health things going on but I reassure women that blood tests can help but I would not think too much about this.

The fact you are 47, not had a period for a year and having symptoms is enough to know.

What has your GP advised? Have you discussed HRT?

Oestrogen that is absorbed via the skin in gel or patch is a safer way of getting Oestrogen compared to a tablet version. And if you have a womb you will also need progesterone too, either in the contraceptive pill, Mirena coil or progesterone HRT.

This is your first step ... you are not a lone. It's now about deciding how you want to manage your symptoms, improve your psychological and physical health now and for the future.

If you need any more advice please write in and we wish you lots of luck.

Best Wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.