Home Menopause Forum Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Periods at 58

LindaGHLindaGH Posts: 4

Hi,

I am 58 in a month or two and still having periods. For 7 years I’ve been suffering with heavy periods and all the usual symptoms. Night sweats top of the list of these. I asked my doctor for oestrogen gel and micronised progesterone. I am 5 months in, my periods start before I finish the 2 progesterone pills (this month on day 5)! My doctor worries because of my age and still having periods. I’ve not had a break of more than 3 months ever. I had a pelvic scan a week ago and await an appointment with the gynaecologist. Do you think the HRT will settle down? My night sweats are non existent so would like to keep on it.

Is is natural to still be bleeding almost regularly at nearly 58?

thanks,

Linda

Best Answer

• DianePorterfield-BourneDianePorterfield-Bourne Posts: 124 Menopause Nurse Practitioner
    Accepted Answer

@LindaGH

Thank you for linking me with Linda GH.

You are taking very good HRT. You are slightly older to still be bleeding but we are all different...

I am pleased your GP sent you for a scan, this is to check all is well. After this do discuss your options with your gynaecologist/GP. Do you need any procedures to stop the bleeding? can they increase your progesterone? Would a coil be better for controlling bleeding and getting your progesterone?

Please do not worry too much... this maybe completely normal for you. You have had the scans it's just waiting for the results.

Please keep in touch and fingers crossed for you.

If I can help again please message me.

Best Wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

Answers