Home Menopause Forum Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Stomach issues

Been to the doctors this week and prescribed omeprazole although I'm still not convinced I have acid reflux my symptoms are pain in upper stomach and bloating almost like I'm full of wind but nothing escapes!! Pain is worse if I sleep on stomach anybody have experience of this ? I'm thinking it maybe the perimenopause again

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 271 mod

Hi @Rach a lot of ladies do suffer with stomach problems with menopause. And a lot do talk about severe wind and heartburn. Probiotics can help this so it may be worth trying the yoghurt drinks for a few weeks and seeing if this helps x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 172 Community Admin

Hi @Rach,

Just found this article on managing symptoms & food, there's a section in there about bloating that you might find useful: The best foods to manage your menopause symptoms.

Let me know how you get on x

• JunieJunie Posts: 8

I take Probiotics, I get them on prescription.

junie

• tammieytammiey Posts: 1

I too have had stomach issues. Prescribed an acid reducer. I get heartburn, acid reflux, bloating and just flat out upset stomach. I’m on so many meds, I decided to skip this pill and listen to my body. I now know what upsets my tummy, causes reactions and eat much less. I have lost 45 pounds since listening to my body and feel much better. I rarely have to take anything, only feeling bad if I ignore my body talk. Hope this helps.

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 172 Community Admin
    edited February 27

Hi @tammiey, welcome to the Community! I so agree with what you're saying about listening to our bodies. I'm also on lots of meds and take lots of vitamins each day, which used to upset my tummy. Then I would wake up feeling nauseous in the morning. Now I noticed if I take them throughout the day, 1-2 at a time, rather than altogether, I feel so much better. LOVING the hair, by the way! 😍