Christmas Coping Tips

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
***This giveaway is now closed - but this thread is packed full of helpful tips so we've kept it open!

We're giving away a free Christmas stocking full of our favourite menopause gifts, worth a total of £57.91!
(Click here to see what's included - there's so much packed in there!)

To enter, simply scroll down and write your top tip for surviving Christmas with the menopause.

We'll be picking a winner at random on Monday 17th December. Good luck!

Comments

• kitzdunphykitzdunphy Posts: 1
    Try to make sure you stay hydrated as it's easy to get hot and bothered when you're trying to cook and host Christmas dinner. Keep a large glass of sparkling water with ice and lemon at hand so at least you're having a refreshing drink while you're busy.
  • ShazShaz Posts: 1
    Just go with the flow no stress what will be will be stay hydrated and nibble fruit and once the main day is done take time out just for you . Merry Christmas my fellow menopausal ladies 
  • KazKaz Posts: 461 mod
    Shaz said:
    Just go with the flow no stress what will be will be stay hydrated and nibble fruit and once the main day is done take time out just for you . Merry Christmas my fellow menopausal ladies 
    Merry Christmas, and good luck @Shaz x
  • LoopylooLoopyloo Posts: 3
    Have a tipple, enjoy the family time, start the day with a smile.  If you’ve had a bad night don’t fret about the day. If you’ve cooked the food get the family to help clear up whilst you put your feet up and shut your eyes for five minutes.  Take yourself off to a quiet spot and listen to a relaxation tape to zone out for ten minutes. Don’t overeat or overdrink,  everything in moderation but enjoy it all.  Have a fabulous time and Merry Christmas to one and all.

• KazKaz Posts: 461 mod
    edited December 2018
     xLoopyloo said:
    Have a tipple, enjoy the family time, start the day with a smile.  If you’ve had a bad night don’t fret about the day. If you’ve cooked the food get the family to help clear up whilst you put your feet up and shut your eyes for five minutes.  Take yourself off to a quiet spot and listen to a relaxation tape to zone out for ten minutes. Don’t overeat or overdrink,  everything in moderation but enjoy it all.  Have a fabulous time and Merry Christmas to one and all.

Good luck @Loopyloo
  • missbuckletmissbucklet Posts: 1
    Be kind to yourself.  There is a reason you are as you are - you are not alone.  Talk to others - they are just as daft as you are. 
  • jjkjjk Posts: 2
    Enjoy the day. It's a day to relax with loved ones and who will understand if you need a few minutes out for yourself. Merry Christmas everyone. 
  • SIBSIB Posts: 2
    Plenty of ice in my G&T to keep cool and plenty of T in the G&T to keep hydrated. Plenty of G&T to enjoy the chaos  🙃 
  • febarrfebarr Posts: 1
    Let it go! There's no such thing as a perfect Christmas. Enjoy the day, relax with family & if it goes wrong.... well it's not the end of the world xx

• LobeeLobee Posts: 1
    One minute at a time. I stay quiet when I know I'm crabby 
  • KazKenn24KazKenn24 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Ladies - it's our "pretend" Christmas Day today (my husband works abroad and won't be here for the real day). I'll be channelling all your great ideas, and I won't even stress in the heat of the kitchen! Thanks for sharing! <3  
  • AbbyAbby Posts: 1
    Big slow deep breaths! Works every time xxx

• Ferret223Ferret223 Posts: 1
    Chillax as you go along drink plenty and have some me time Happy Christmas when it comes everyone 😍😍x
  • Thanks everyone for your comments, ladies - wishing you all a truly lovely Christmas season xx

We've picked a winner at random, and the lucky person who will receive the last freebie of this year is... @Lobee ! Please send an email ASAP to [email protected] with your postal address and we'll try to get the prize in the post to you in time for Christmas! 
  • KazKenn24KazKenn24 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    emilyrose said:
    Thanks everyone for your comments, ladies - wishing you all a truly lovely Christmas season xx

We've picked a winner at random, and the lucky person who will receive the last freebie of this year is... @Lobee ! Please send an email ASAP to [email protected] with your postal address and we'll try to get the prize in the post to you in time for Christmas! 
    Congratulations @Lobee! Happy Christmas!:)