Bleeding after 7 years no period

Have been period free for 7 years and now have started to bleed 1st day today I have a scan booked for Monday as dr felt my stomach was swollen and advices this 2 weeks Ago

really scared

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 461 mod

Oh @TS1

How worrying for you! There's no point in telling you not to be scared, or not to worry. I would be exactly the same.

I'm glad you have a scan booked for Monday. That's a really positive step - whatever is going on, you're being taken seriously and it's being investigated.

Can I suggest that perhaps you should give your GP a call today and give them this update? Maybe they can try to pull your scan forward, or they'll be able to offer you some reassurance until your appointment.

Stay strong ❤️

• FlowersFlowers Posts: 2
    I am the same as the lady with bleeding after about 8 years should I be concerned or worried, should I see my doctor?
    thanks 
    Flowers said:
    I am the same as the lady with bleeding after about 8 years should I be concerned or worried, should I see my doctor?
    thanks 
    Hello @Flowers ,

My advice will always be the same. Any bleeding after you've been without periods for that amount of time needs to be investigated. Please make an appointment to see your GP as soon as you can. 

I won't say don't be worried or don't be scared - because I would be exactly that. Any unexpected bleeding is a worry - so hopefully a quick appointment will set your mind at rest.

Good luck 😊

• FlowersFlowers Posts: 2
    Hi kaz. 
    Thanks very much for your advice. 👍
    Let me know how you get on ♥️