Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions


JacquuelineJacquueline Posts: 2

Suffering from pain down below , does anyone else suffer with this ?


  • KazKaz Posts: 475 mod

    Hello @Jacquueline ,

    Welcome to the forum.

    I'm sorry that you're having to deal with pain.

    I'm afraid all I can suggest to put your mind at rest is a trip to your GP. It's always best to get these things checked out!

    Good luck 😊

  • Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

    Hi @Jacquueline

    Welcome. Can I ask what sort of pain you are getting? Can you describe it? Could it be a thrush type pain or vaginal dryness?

    I know GP appointments can be hard to get sometimes or you may have a male GP that you are not comfortable showing him so may be you could see your practice nurse.

    Good luck

  • JacquuelineJacquueline Posts: 2

    I think it could be vaginal dryness ,

    a burning , uncomfortable feeling.

    what would you recommend I take to help relive the pain ?

    many thanks . Having to wait at least 3 weeks to see a lady doctor.

    i am on HRT and have been for about 3 years .

  • Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

    Hi jacquueline

    You could try vagisan from the pharmacy and see if that helps. If you have burning you could also have a bit of thrush so may be try caneston combi too.

    Try those and see how it is if not go to your GP.

    Also. Are your smears up to date? Always good to keep on top of those at this time in our lives x

Sign In or Register to comment.