I have terrible pain in my left knee and hip at night and a bit in day too. Any pain relief ideas?

I am in the meopause. No periods for yrs. Taking curcumin 500mg, cod liver oil high strength 500 mg,high strength eve.prim.oil 1000mg, magnesium and vit.B6, 375mg, and glucosamine sulphate 2KCI 1000mg , all one tablet after dinner in evening, each day.

Some recomm.by my GP. Others I researched online for joint pain. But the pain is still awful at night! I eat healthily but am overweight. Slimming world diet for yrs. lIADS of whokemeal stuff, pulses, green veg, fruit galore, meat, etc. Hardly any caffeine. No alcohol. Exercise daily and walk alot too.

I really miss my sleep and can’t get comfy in any position at night. Any ideas would be great. Tk u so much. 😬

Best Answers

• KazKaz mod Posts: 482 mod
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Rachel,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to see that you're in pain.

Have you tried magnesium in a rub form, directly on the areas? It feels a bit odd - can become quite dry and crackly, but perhaps that might help rather than the tablet?

Or turmeric? I've read that works well for pain.

I've used a tens machine for slipped discs in my back, but unless you could borrow one of them from someone, that's quite a big outlay.

Perhaps some of our other ladies will have some different ideas for you.

Hope you can find something to give you some relief ☺

Answers

• RachelRachel Posts: 2

Thank you so much! Will try that. X