Menopause at Work. BBC Breakfast - 26th March 2019

KazKaz Posts: 482 mod

Interesting piece on BBC Breakfast this morning.

So delighted to see that menopause and the effect it has on women in the workplace is getting some decent coverage.

Worth a look.

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 150 mod

that's really interesting, although I do think that even though they say there are things that can be put in place its not always that easy, especially for someone that has a male manager as its very rare for them to understand and even acknowledge.

I like the fact though that all of a sudden a lot of programmes are now mentioning menopause. it was even spoken about on EastEnders last week :)

unfortunately menopause and mental health seem to be taboo subjects for a lot of people including GPs.

• KazKaz Posts: 482 mod

I agree! It's great that menopause is being heard all over the place.

What I did find awful, were some of the comments underneath the article. From other women to women! If we can't support each other as women, then we've got no chance of encouraging the wider world to support us! Some of the comments were downright horrible and so unnecessary! ☹️

• Donsonia12Donsonia12 Posts: 11

I totally agree Julie I have been premenopuse 4 years know I haven’t had a period Know for 10 months the longest with no period the anxiety panic attack hot flushes are getting worse does anyone no when you get over the menopuse does all the systoms go away