Help

Hello everyone...I think I am menopausal, one minute I’m having a period, then I don’t have anything for months. In the time where I’m not having a period, I have about 20/30 hot flushes a day, where I have actual sweat running down my face...I have never actually been a person that sweats. I feel tired all the time, I have no sex drive what so ever. Sometimes I feel depressed...please help. Thankyou in advance for any help & advice.

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 239 mod

Hi Shar1970

it does sound like you are at the start of this wonderful journey. can I ask your age? have you spoken to your GP regarding any of the symptoms you have? if not it may be worth making an appointment (if you can get one) to discuss this, as its awful when you feel so crappy and nothing you do changes it. you can start by maybe getting some menopause supplements which may give you a bit of a boost, then start looking into the HRT or natural route,

There is help out there but unfortunately its hard to come by it seems. GPs just don't have the knowledge of menopause and everything that goes with it.

we are here to help and support you even if its just a rant that you need.

always remember you are not alone.

good luck :) 

• KazKaz Posts: 482 mod
    edited March 2019

Hi Shar1970,

Welcome along!

All these symptoms are scary, and annoying, and all sorts of other things too! I remember all too well the days when I went from normal to wringing wet with no warning and no way to stop it! The people I worked with used to look at me and shake their heads!

I think this would be a great time to book an appointment with your GP and have a chat about what's happening. I would write down a list of all the symptoms that are bothering you, just so that you have it in front of you. I don't know about you, but I get flustered at the doctors and forget half the stuff I wanted to say. It's easier for me to have it written down so that I can hand it over and show them I've actually thought about why I'm there!

I think it does very much sound as if you are perimenopausal, and your GP should be able to offer some guidance and advice.

Let us know how you get on! 😊

• sheilaesheilae Posts: 27 mod

Hi Shar1970 & welcome! Yes...it does definitely sound like the start of your menopausal journey ....you’re beginning to get the telltale signs/symptoms aren’t you? Hopefully you have a good understanding GP whom you should now see...you’ll probably come away (as I did!) armed with plenty of bedtime reading!! There are plenty of things out there to help...both in conventional & alternative medicines....& of course different things work differently for individuals! Drinking plenty of water throughout the day really helped me with the sweats for sure!! Certain foods like spicy or too much sugar or too much alcohol used to do me no favours either in that department! We’re all in it together on this journey here so keep in contact....we’re here to help or just even listen...stay in touch!! 👍😀💕

• Shar1970Shar1970 Posts: 4

Thankyou all for your help & advice...a trip to my GP is what’s needed I think. Really appreciate all of your thoughts...will be in touch again. Thankyou all 😊

Hi Shar1970

Did you get an appointment with the GP? How are you feeling now ? X

Good morning Julie, I haven’t no, I go away on holiday today, only for a few days...going to the Cotswolds, the new forest & Bath...hoping to relax a bit really...it’s the first thing to do on my list, when I get back xx

• KazKaz Posts: 482 mod

Thankyou, am so looking forward to it...could definitely do with some time out, will be in touch when I get back. X

Have a fantastic time Shar. Relax and just allow yourself to unwind X