Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Tingling head, face and lips

Hi ladies, I’ve been put into a chemo induced menopause following treatment for breast cancer which thankfully I am now clear of. I have had bloods done to confirm that I’m now menopausal (I’m 43) and all other bloods have come back normal. For the past month, I have had a weird tingling sensation that shifts around my head, face and lips. I usually wake with it in the morning and then it comes and goes and fluctuates through the day ... it doesn’t keep me awake at night. Has anybody else had similar symptoms, it’s giving me so much anxiety which I know probably isn’t helping at all!

Comments

• Mary78Mary78 Posts: 30 ✭✭

So glad to hear you got the all clear. I sometimes experience the same, I can't really describe it other than saying it's all "fuzzy". I was told by my doctor that it's linked to both hormones and anxiety. For me it starts when I'm particularly stressed. I have no idea what to do about it though..

• Hi Mary, thanks so much for sharing your experiences ... it’s so difficult to navigate all the changes isn’t it. Mine too definitely worsens with fatigue and anxiety but it’s a vicious circle! X

• SuzCSuzC Posts: 9

Hi Beth and Mary, I've been looking around and found this thread, seems very similar to what you're experiencing? Maybe worth a read xx

• cath40cath40 Posts: 3

Hi Beth. I had a lot of tingling all over my body - face, feet, hands, legs. I had read that this is a symptom of the menopause and fluctuating estrogen levels. I saw a neurologist, GP’s and chiropractor and no one had an answer. I went on HRT and the tingling was gone in two weeks. I’m off the HRT now and the tingling hasn’t returned so the symptoms will hopefully be short term. Catharine

• MenopauseorjustmeMenopauseorjustme Posts: 433 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

Hi @Beth Bramall I was just wondering about your symptoms. What has your GP said? If you haven't talked to your GP I would make an appointment. There maybe lots of reasons that would need checking out with your GP, like your Blood pressure, inner ear imbalances, low blood sugars, blood irregularities, menopause, medications plus more.

If your cancer was Oestrogen driven are you still taking blockers? or wasn't it an Oestrogen positive cancer? If it wasn't you may still be able to have HRT but this is a discussion for you with your GP and or Oncologist.

Please let us know what they say and I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

• Thanks Diane, yes I'm having everything checked - bloods are all fine but the chemo has definitely put me firmly in the menopause- I had TNBC so not hormonal cancer. Scans are all clear too but they're going to check in on me in another 8 weeks. They think it might be a mix of menopausal symptoms and anxiety... of which I've been in a permanent state since this time last year! Now taking some specific menopause supplements and trying lots of relaxation techniques in the hope it has an impact!

@Beth Bramall

Good morning. I was wondering how you are feeling now? What relaxation techniques are you using and have they helped you?

Best wishes

• Thanks Diana, I'm doing Reiki, gentle exercise, meditation, deep breathing... it hasn't got any worse and there have been some days when it's been better - I think it's a mix of hormones and hyper stimulation from this past year so have accepted it's probably not going to be a quick fix!

@Beth Bramall

Good morning Beth.

That's great news...

Complementary therapies like Reiki, mindfulness etc are really good and many people find them effective.

What I like about them is that there are no side effects, you can do it at home and it can significantly improve your mental health too.

I often encourage people to try mindfulness and when I'm giving talks or doing consultations advise on this. Most women say how relaxing it is and I know when I'm doing it I feel the benefits too.

Best wishes