Home Menopause Forum Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Feeling blue

Jane20Jane20 Posts: 34 ✭✭

Hi girls,

Not feeling to good this week, crying for no reason, feeling low, anxiety for most of the time, light headed then hot flushes, which brings on the tears and anxiety, just not having a good week really!

Does anyone else ever feel like this, or feel they’re losing the plot. I’m still off work too.

maybe I’m feeling sorry for myself I don’t know.

😢

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 314 mod

Hi @Jane20 what you are feeling is unfortunately normal for menopause. I thought I was going mad when I constantly felt light headed and dizzy, but it went as quick as it came after a few days. It does keep returning though.

We just have to take each day at a time and don't try to expect something unrealistic from ourselves.

How are you sleeping? Lack of sleep can really effect moods. Are you using HRT or pushing through the natural way ? X

• Jane20Jane20 Posts: 34 ✭✭

@Julie20 hi,

thank you just hearing this relieves me from the anxiety I feel. It’s so exhausting too.

As for sleeping yes I’ve no problem there, I may twist and turn once in a while with a night sweat but that’s not a problem. I’ve just started hrt for the last 2weeks just oestrogen.

Im trying to keep positive and know it’ll pass but going through the motions can be hard.

Thank you it’s nice to know I can chat with someone whose been through it going through similar. Xx

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 314 mod

Hi @Jane20 that's why we are here. Feel free anytime for help advice or just a friendly chat x

• Pepster2022Pepster2022 Posts: 4

Evening Jane

It's bloomin' hard I know.

However, please take comfort in the fact that it's very natural what you are feeling emotionally and physically.

• KNA67KNA67 Posts: 3

Hi, reading these posts I can relate to it all, I’m living in a fog and everything takes so much effort. I’m around 4 years into my menopause and I would have hoped things would be easing but the sleeping issues are back so are the night sweats! I’m unable to take HRT as I have lupus. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for me. Biggest issue I have is trying to get my husband to understand and be sympathetic to my symptoms. Any advise from anyone would be greatly received.

Karen

• ShazShaz Posts: 2

Morning, hope you are feeling better today ❤️ I get this, one day I’m as bright as a button and so full of energy .......... then the next I’m the complete opposite, foggy head, feeling down and sad and absolutely no energy and don’t even know what I am doing 😯 we call it sleepy weepy day!!!!! xxx hope everyone is having a good day, sending love 💕

Morning shaz,

I actually woke at 6.20 with an anxiety attack wasn’t nice at all. I used my breathing technique and tapping app which seemed to help, not a great start to my Sunday. I’ll try not to dwell and keep going.

thank you 🙏 just hope these feeling and emotions begin to settle xx

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 150 mod

Hi Jane,

I hope that you are feeling better and I am sorry that you are going through all of these emotions and anxiety.

My problem is I have energy some days and I feel on top of the world and then a few days later I can feel sorry for myself or get mad about something and in my mind I am trying to stay positive but it doesn't always work out that way.

I truly am happy to be a part of this group because I really feel alone sometimes and knowing that other women are dealing with these issues is comforting and gives me the courage to keep pushing through it. I keep saying to myself this to shall past.

Hi monica

i have been feeling better recently, and hoping it’s the hrt that’s kicking in that’s helped.

I to have good days feeling positive no worries etc then the next can be quite the opposite. And again like you I tell myself this will pass I’m going through this because of my hormones and I’m not crazy.

This community has helped and supported me going through this, which is a great help especially like now 3.57am woke to a hot sweat now css as my sleep.

Anyway thank you and do hope your well.

x

@Jane20 you are welcome and yes, these hormones can have us all over the place. I am having a hot flash/flush as we speak :). Enjoy the rest of your evening and I hope you can go back to sleep.

• AllisonAllison Posts: 7

I too have felt the light headed feeling this last couple of weeks, feels like I’m in slow motion, this is so good to hear that’s it’s ‘normal ‘ I’ve had a blood test today just to rule anything else out so That I know it’s the Menopause,

@Allison

Im having blood tests Wednesday so can see what’s going on. Km

Still suffering with anxiety the light headedness has eased but feeling emotional 😭 almost everyday. I’m up and down it’s awful.

xx

I feel more emotional than I’ve ever felt but I find I’m overthinking stuff too, things that never used to bother me, then I think how I used to feel and it passes, it’s reassuring to think that we’re not alone - good luck with the tests

That’s how I feel too, overthinking etc I feel like it’s consuming my time. I’ve been using an app called The tapping solution it really helps bringing me back to calm.

thank you 🙏

Just glad it’s not all the time because I’d be a wreck, do you feel negative too? I find myself, only sometimes because I’m trying to think before I speak being negative about stuff that I know I was never negative about before this took hold of me 🙄😂

Yes most definitely, I’ve been suffering with anxiety now for 2 months, had CBT which did/does hrr ET lo but i find it hard to use if it when I’m going through any attacks or negative thoughts etc it’s like I have good days and bad days, it’s very draining I must say.

x

Exactly the same as me, one minute I haven’t got the strength to get up then the next minute I’m up and doing a hundred different things ! I’m having an energetic one at the moment, just don’t know how long the energy will last !!

I’ve just got hone after shopping with my mother, actually enjoyed being out lol as I’ve been feeling to anxious to even go shopping. I don’t know! Menopause has a lot to answer to.

Good to hear your having a energetic day don’t over do it though 😀 xx

I’ve just got back from a walk with 3 dogs and my mum and enjoyed it too, looks we’re both having a good day 👍🏻

@Alison I feel that way too sometimes where I overthink things or second guess myself all the time. It is quit annoying to me because I wasn’t like that either before menopause.

Morning

well I feel like I’m going backwards. I’m having the most awful time at the moment the past week feeling the worse. Yesterday I had 3 panic attacks the last one being the worst, I just couldn’t relax do any of my breathing techniques my husband was such a great support as I was in such a panic crying I wanted him to call an ambulance I felt so out of control, I was scared, honestly thought im going crazy here.

Eventually I began to calm down but it seemed like it was an eternity.

so today I hope I can manage the day without one.

Exhausted.

Thanks for listening x

@Jane20 Hi Jane, how are you feeling? I am hoping things have gotten better for you. So glad your husband was with you and was able to help you.

@MonicaM

hi yes I’m not to bad, although I’m awake now feeling a bit anxious just about to meditate to get me through.

Thank you 🙏 x

@Jane20 I hope that you will get the rest and relaxation that you need.

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 320 Community Admin

@Jane20 @Allison @Shaz @Pepster2022 @KNA67

Hi ladies, thought I'd ask how you're doing? How are you holding up in the current situation? I hope you're staying safe. xx