Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Perimenopause??

Hi from New Zealand!

First time ever posting on any kind of forum. I'm at my wits end so I'm seeking advice where ever I can.

I'm not sure if what I am suffering from is perimenopause or perhaps PMDD orrrrr an evil entity has taken over my body to wreck havoc lol.

I'm going to be 44 next month and the last few months my pms symptoms have increased significantly.

My worst symptom is horrible headaches with brain fog and extreme fatigue making it very hard at work and takes away from my family time because I'd rather sleep. I feel like I've been on a 3 day bender and I don't even drink!

I also get extremely irritable like I could rip your head off irritability,that's not fun at all because I feel like another person. That's not who I am.

I suffer quite a few other symptoms but these seem to really take a huge toll on me and my well being is starting to suffer.

I've been to my Dr. this week and she is going to do some blood work so hopefully that will provide some insight into what is happening for me. I'm hoping to get some relief from some of my symptoms because im not sure if I can do this until I hit menopause if that is in fact what is going on. Plus my family might disown me!! 😃

Any thoughts??

Thank you

Sammi

Answers

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

Hi @Munkeybites Welcome to this amazing group. I love your description of menopause :) the unfortunate thing with blood tests is that they are not always accurate and may show nothing when you know you are feeling awful. I'm not sure what is available to you in new Zealand but it may be worth taking some supplements such as menopace, when do you get the results back ? I would say you are perimenopausal and on the start of this amazing journey :( keep me posted on what the Dr says x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 406 Community Admin
    edited January 2020

@Munkeybites

Hi Sammi,

Welcome to the Community! It's a fab group with lots of lovely ladies, there's always a pair of ears here if you need to let some steam off. x

Hahaha, I love your sense of humour! How have you been recently? Have you managed to see your dr?

As Julie says, it pretty much sounds like the perimenopause, but it's good you're getting checked by your doctor. As your hormone levels start to change, you may have fewer or more frequent periods, or spotting between periods. Here's a list of the most common perimenopausal symptoms:

1. aches and pains (random or increased)
    2. anxiety
    3. depression
    4. fatigue
    5. hot flushes
    6. lower libido
    7. mood swings
    8. pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms become worse
    9. sex can be uncomfortable or even painful
    10. sleep problems
    11. tender breasts
    12. urinary incontinence or urgency
    13. vaginal dryness
    14. weight gain

I'd recommend having a look at the following articles, might give you a peace of mind (it's definitely not an evil entity taking over your body, haha):

We also have a couple of fun things going on here, feel free to join:

Let me know how you get on!

Blanka x

@Munkeybites