Home Menopause Forum Menopause Coffee Break

The Live Better With Menopause Book Club

Hello ladies,

I thought we could have a discussion here about good reads? What are you reading atm?

We could give each other recommendations etc.

I'm currently reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson. It's all about mindset change & how to focus on things that actually do count, but in a funny way. Loving it!! 😁

B x

Tagged:

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin

Hi @flowergirl5,

What a fab idea!

That book sounds exactly like something I should read myself. Will look it up. 😋

At the moment I'm reading 'Talking to Strangers' by Malcom Gladwell. We actually have a book club in the office, it's quite fun!

Blanka x

• wendikinswendikins Posts: 4

Hi, I’ve just finished ‘Aren’t we sisters?’ By Patricia Ferguson and I liked it so much I’ve started another of her titles called ‘Peripheral Vision.’ Very different books but I’m really loving the latest one. She writes brilliant prose and the book has characters you can really empathise with & root for. I need to care about people in books to really enjoy them.

• Jane20Jane20 Posts: 34 ✭✭

I’m currently reading

Wham George Michael and me, have to say I can’t put it down.

A great read.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 144 mod

@Jane20

That sounds like a good book, I use to love Wham they were a good group. I will have to check it out.

Thanks for sharing

Hello everyone,

Sometimes I read one or two books at a time. The books that I am currently reading are The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena. I haven't gotten to far in the book yet it is ok so far. I am reading it for another book club that I am in. Hopefully it will get better.

I try to also read business related books to help me with business. I am in and out reading Business Boutique by Christy Wright. So far it seems to have some good information but I just haven't really had time to really get into it yet.

I am sort of all over the place when it comes to books.

What types of books do you like to read?

• Caz68Caz68 Posts: 1

I am a ‘buying book addict’! I have 100’s of books I have bought but not read yet, from the 90’s to present day titles. Good job I love reading! I have just finished reading BLACK RABBIT HALL by Eve Chase. Excellent! I have just started reading another of her books THE VANISHING OF AUDREY WILDE. This sounds promising. Eve Chase writes about a family living in a big old house in the 50’s and then moves you forwards to present day with a new family. The big old house throws up it’s mysterious past. Well written and un-put downable!

@Caz68 it sounds like it is a pretty good book keep us posted about it. Reading is so relaxing and I enjoy it but sometimes it is hard to find time to do it.

What is everyone reading now? I just finished reading the Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena it was interesting but I would give it about a 6 to me.

Happy Sunday everyone

I started reading this book yesterday that I ordered from the website, hopefully it will help with some of the symptoms that I have.

https://menopause.livebetterwith.com/products/its-not-you-hormones

Happy Sunday everyone

Has anyone been reading any good books that they would like to share? I haven't read anything since my last post didn't realize it had been so long ago. I need to find a good book to read. Any suggestions?