Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Loss of libido and vaginal dryness

JnMJnM Posts: 1

Is their any treatments, remedies that can improve , help loss of libido and vaginal dryness amoung other symptoms, such as severe hot flushes , weight gain . Help !!

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 317 Community Admin

Hi @JnM, welcome to the Community! x

Many women experience low libido & vaginal dryness during the menopause, but the good news is there are lots of natural remedies to try. A good lubricant can do wonders - there are some really great plant-based, chemical- free ones out there. Actually we have Nicky from @Sylk here on the forum -  they are a small family-owned business  & are experts in female dryness, feel free to have a look at this thread or ask her even:

This article is also full of ideas, especially for combatting dryness:

https://menopause.livebetterwith.com/blogs/stories-info/best-products-and-top-tips-for-vaginal-dryness

It's also worth keeping in mind that our bodies are all different, so don't get upset if it takes a little time & experimentation to find something that works well for you!

Hope this helps, I'll do some research on hot flushes & and weight gain and I'll get back to you x

Blanka

• SylkSylk Posts: 5 Female Dryness Expert

Hi @JnM

Please feel free to ask me any questions on Vaginal Dryness. Sylk is a plant and water based lubricant that is free from hormones and parabens - so it's really gentle and kind. It's also pH balanced so helps to keep your vagina moist and healthy. It's available on NHS prescription and recommended by most health professionals. It's available to buy in larger Boots stores and Boots.com and you can try Sylk for free at www.sylk.co.uk.

Nicky

• Daphne29Daphne29 Posts: 2

Hi@JnM

thank you for posting this question and I am see the replies that link to dryness this is not my issue but like you I am seeking any guidance on increasing libido . I have gone from a very healthy active intimacy to 0 for last 6 years and have a loving patient husband who is very affectionate.

if anyone had any real advice and tips on remedies to truly increase libido please share 💜

many thanks in advance

• flowergirl5flowergirl5 Posts: 8

Hi @Daphne29, I've been taking Maca Root for two weeks now and the difference is impressive!! My libido increased a lot and have a much higher energy level too. Maca however stimulates the production of oestrogen so you should definitely check with your doctor first. x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 317 Community Admin

Hi @Daphne29,

A massive welcome to the Community!

Just wanted to share a couple of good resources to look at on low libido.

Hope this helps.

Speak soon,

Blanka x

• Maryon_StewartMaryon_Stewart Posts: 36 Menopause Expert

@Daphane29. Taking the supplement Omega7 will improve your vaginal dryness - it can take a while before you notice. Its been through clinical trials showing definite improvements after 8-12 weeks.