Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

I’m new to the forum

Jane67Jane67 Posts: 1

Hi I’m Jane I’m 52. I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago but most recently I’ve begun the awful symptoms of the menopause. The worst for me is the anxiety along with the tears which I have no apparent reason! Most nights I sleep well but tonight I’m wide awake and it’s 4am.

Anyway it’s been comforting for me to read I’m not alone, and hope to gain some helpful advice and tips from you lovely ladies.

Thank you all in advance

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 334 mod

Hi @Jane67 welcome to this wonderful group. Are you currently taking anything for menopause or anxiety?

Menopause is an awful time in our lives but unfortunately it's something that we have to endure but there are things we can do to help us.

HRT. Anxiety medication. Herbal supplements. Change in diet. Exercise all help

We are here to give you advice and help you along the way.

Happy new year x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 346 Community Admin

Hi @Jane67, just thought I'd ask how you holding up? Did your anxiety get any better? x

• Jane20Jane20 Posts: 32 ✭✭

Hi Blanka,

ive just been to the doctor today and he was very understanding we talked about hrt which I’ve decided to try for 3 months. I’m also doing cbt which I’ve found very helpful, reducing my anxiety quite a bit. So I’m on the right track thank goodness.

thank you 🙏 x

My first day of taking hrt, feeling nervous.

Hi @Jane20,

That's fantastic news! So glad to hear you're feeling better and that your GP is understanding. :)

Hope it goes well today, keep me posted. 😘

Good luck Jane. Fingers crossed you will start to feel better soon x

edited January 17

Hi

Today in work had a moment of anxiety not pleasant, I’m feeling slightly light headed every so often, especially if I’m having or just after a hot flash, does anyone else have any of this?

thanks 🙏

Hi @Jane20 . There are so many symptoms with menopause Nd a lot are unique to each lady but light headedness and feeling dizzy is very common, I can feel like it for days on end and it's a horrible feeling. I do find that ibuprofen takes the edge off.

It could also be the changing hormones where the HRT is kicking in. Your body is going through so many changes at the moment it is bound to manifest as something somewhere else on our bodies.

Once you get the correct HRT you will be amazed at how quickly you start to feel better x

edited January 18

Hi @Julie20

Thank you, it’s so reassuring when I read other women have similar symptoms, because of anxiety I fear the worst. I did think the same though that hrt could be kicking in.

onwards and upwards from here.

thank you 🙏

Hi @Jane20 You are more than welcome. That's what we are here for. X

Morning,

Day 4 of hrt, haven’t gone to work as not feeling myself, don’t know if it’s the anxiety and or hrt. Is it to soon for hrt?

Emotional to say the least.

Hi @Jane20,

Ahh, poor thing! Sorry to hear you were feeling rough yesterday. I completely get it, I used to take time off work at my previous job as I just really wasn't feeling myself (I had / have anxiety). It's fine. We've all been there. ❤️

How are you this afternoon?

I don't have experience with HRT myself so can't really give any advice on it, but I know that when I was put on anti-depressants I felt worse than ever in the first week. Was told it's my body getting used to it and eventually it did get okay after. Just thinking it kind of make sense as starting HRT is a really big change? Maybe it's worth checking with your GP?

In the meantime, just wanted to share a couple of good resources to read.

I don't remember if I have mentioned to you already that we have very friendly Experts on our forum, maybe it's worth having a chat with them? (Apologies if I have, I can be so forgetful haha 😅)

I'd recommend two specifically. Just pop your question under their thread & they should be able to get back to you within a couple of days at max:

Keep us all posted, you can do this! x

Chat soon,

Blanka xx

Hi Blanka,

thank you so much I shall post questions.

Ive not gone in to work again, luckily they are very supportive, however I feel the guilt of not going.

Woje had a bath done some meditation which I found really good, but I’m just feeling lethargic and emotional on and off.

🥴 thank you for your support x

@Blanka_C

hi I’ve just read feeling stressed sad or snappy and its helped Me to understand how and what to do in the event. Thank you for your support x

Hi @Jane20, I know what you mean. I used to feel guilty too, but at the end of the day, your physical and mental health is the most important thing. It took me a while to understand and accept this as I'm just the kind of person who goes on and on and does not know how to stop. It's great to hear you have supportive colleagues!

Glad you found the article helpful. I'll have a look around and let you know if I come across anything in the meantime.

Please keep me posted. Always here if you need a pair of ears 💕

@Blanka_C

thank you 🙏x

Hi @Jane20 unfortunately it can take up to 6 weeks to kick in and really notice the difference. You will start to notice little changes but on the whole there is no set time for HRT to actually feel like it's working.

Keep at it and may be try some menopace and magnesium too.

Keep us posted x

Hi @Julie20

thanks for that,

it’s weird as each days are never the same. Up and down.

But as today I feel good that’s a bonus.

thank you 🙏