Home Menopause Forum Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Correct Medications or not

MarionTMarionT Posts: 2

i I’m new to this group but not new to the menopause unfortunately I am 55 and have been going through this since 2011 I Have tried two different types of HRT but after a scare have had to come off it approx 2 years ago. I feel I am on tablets for the sake of it because there is nothing else. I have gained 2 stone in weight and since stopping HRT I have painful joints in hips and hands. I am on Sertraline 150mg per day propranolol 2 per day Clonidine 2x2 per day for flushes and 2 naproxen 200mg per day for joint pain. I wanted to come off tablets but tried myself but became quite anxious quickly. Any I formation or advice would be great thanks - clear

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 313 mod

Hi @MarionT welcome. Menopause is an awful time and it is really difficult to know what medication is good to take and what isn't as we are all very individual and what works for one won't for another.

The only advice I can safely give you is to speak to your GP regarding medication. I am medically trained but not professionally trained on medication, only your GP can do this as they have access to your medical records.

Ask your GP if there is a menopause clinic near you and if so ask to be referred as they know and understand a lot more about menopause than any GP will.

Don't be afraid to be pushy with your GP to get what you want x

• MarionTMarionT Posts: 2

There is and it’s top of my list xx thank you x

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 313 mod

Good luck. Let me know how you get on x