Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Her not making a difference

AliceAlice Posts: 1

Hi I’m 57 on HRTbut it dosnt seem to make any difference I’ve been menopausal for around 3 yrs I can’t sleep I’ve gained weight feel very unsettled gone from being quiet fit to always aching and tired always got fuzzy head , was in a job for 20 years. But in the last year I can’t settle to anything I’ve had 6 jobs in a year and hated all of them, I am constantly worrying about something or anotherthis plays over and over in mind can’t seem to switch off Any advice appreciated

Answers

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 344 mod

Hi @Alice Have you been back to see your GP regarding the HRT that you are on ? It can sometimes take trying a few different types and doses before you find one that works for you.

HRT is very personalized to each woman and what works for one may not for another. I think that should be your first port of call if you haven't tried already.

Also a lot of ladies including myself use an antidepressant, not necessarily for depression but it helps us cope with the mood swings and anxiety that is part and parcel of the menopause.

I would advise you to go and speak to your GP. Life is too short to suffer unnecessary x