Home Menopause Forum Menopause at Work

Exhausted and anxious 😥

jksfiijksfii Posts: 1
edited June 29 in Menopause at Work

Hi, I have just joined this site tonight as I've had a rough day today. I'm 48 years old, still having periods, although they're starting to shorten a bit. Always had awful period pain but the last 6+ months have been excruciating. I suffer from anxiety anyway, which has become even worse and I am soooo tired all the time. I nod at work at my desk and just want to stay in bed to be honest. My sleep pattern isn't great so that doesn't help but I'd just like some energy! I am dealing with my sister's serious illness too, and have been for 4 years now. The stress is unbearable and I feel like a rung out flannel! Any advice would be much appreciated 😔

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 320 Community Admin

Hi @jksfii,

Welcome to our amazing community!

It seems you're going through a lot right now, but please remember you can always come here to find some support, we have so many lovely ladies here. x

Unfortunately menopause can cause heavier periods as your menstruating days come to a close. So ironic isn't it! Have you tried using a heat wrap to reduce the pain? Lots of women like to use a lavender one because of its inflammatory properties. I'd also definitely talk to a doctor about the increased pain.

I'm so sorry you feel stressed! It's not easy, especially at this time of the year, when everything becomes super-hectic. I use a rollerball with essential oils on my wrist when I get in the office & at lunchtime and I just love it, makes me feel a bit more relaxed (although my stress & anxiety is not menopause-related). Also I'd recommend trying a mindfulness app, I started using one a couple of months ago and it's insane how much it helped me! I take 5-min breaks every hour in the office too, walk around a bit, make a tea, etc.

If you're interested in mindfulness, we actually have the lovely @Becks_Armstrong here who's the Founder of the app called 'Clarity' (she's also an expert in mindfulness & sleep!), feel free to ask her advice here: https://community.livebetterwith.com/menopause/discussion/comment/4470#Comment_4470

The good news is there are lots of other ways to try and reduces stress, I found this article for you: https://menopause.livebetterwith.com/blogs/stories-info/how-to-naturally-lower-your-stress-levels-in-menopause

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. x

Blanka

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 320 Community Admin

Hi @jksfii,

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and you managed to let off some steam. Just wanted to check how you're doing?

Blanka x