Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

sore boobs

NicolakNicolak Posts: 1

hi all,

I have been on hrt for about 18 months. I was on Elest due for about a year and was ok. due to shortages, I had to go on femaston for 3 months. I put on weight and felt constantly due on. my boobs are huge and sore. I am now back on eleste but still have same problem. is this normal?

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 406 Community Admin

Hi @Nicolak,

I'm glad to hear you're getting the right treatment for you.

I myself have no experience with HRT - however, I did some research and found that breast tenderness is one of the most common side effects of both Elleste and Femoston. Did you start experiencing sore breasts after taking Femoston, or did you have it before too? I'd recommend to get it checked by your GP for an extra peace of mind.

Generally speaking, breast pain (including sore nipples) is a common menopause symptom as well unfortunately. Have you tried using a soothing balm? Lavender is well-known as an inflammatory ingredient and I wonder if it could be something helpful for you?

Wearing a good-quality, comfy bra can also make a huge difference. There are some lovely bamboo ones out there (bamboo fabric is naturally antibacterial and it feels quite gentle to the skin). :)

If you're up for reading a little, I'd recommend this article about aches & pains during the menopause: https://menopause.livebetterwith.com/blogs/stories-info/aches-and-pains

Hope this helps! Let me know how you get on x

B xx