Panic attacks

Hi I’ve been menopausal for a year and recently have had panic and anxiety which is causing sleepless nights... any advice if anyone has the same problems.

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 461 mod

Hello @Zaralaser52

Welcome to the forum.

If I was asked, I’d say that insomnia, panic attacks and anxiety were three of my worst symptoms, and I spent a very long time finding something that would work for me.

i use the Clarity app to help with all three symptoms - with lots of success. I know it probably sounds daft - I didn’t think it would help at all when I first tried mindfulness, but I couldn’t have been more wrong, and the addition of a daily session or two, especially at bedtime, has transformed how I’m able to cope with these symptoms especially. It also helps with other menopausal symptoms too!

It takes a wee bit of practice, but it’s not a lot of effort for some great results. Of course, there are other mindfulness apps on the market, but this is the one that works for me - and it’s designed with menopausal women in mind.

When I’m out and about, I also use the 5,4,3,2,1 grounding method to help with anxiety. I find it helps me to take control back and feel calmer.

Hope this helps 😊