Irregular periods

I have had three light bleeds Jan, Feb and beginning of July. I now have been bleeding heavily with pain since Monday. Doctor given me tranexamic acid to take and booking a scan. Two questions.... Worried about taking the tablet as read some worrying things online. Worried about having a painful heavy period at this stage as thought I was coming to the end and concerned about results of scan. I did have very heavy periods for about 4 years before last year when they became irregular.
Anyone had anything similar and took the medication?

Thank you 

Best Answer

Answers

• GraphiaGraphia Posts: 4
    Thank you very much for your helpful reply. It's reassuring to know that it's not uncommon and others experience similar events. And I appreciate it.
    As a new member of this group I've found it comforting to read the questions relating to other aspects of the menopause too. 
  • Julie20Julie20 Posts: 167 mod

Hi @Graphia

im glad to know you are finding the group helpful. Menopause unfortunately is still hidden in the closet so to speak and there isn't an awful lot of information out there on it so it is nice to know that you can come here and speak openly and ask advice.

Good Luck with the scan when you get it. keep us informed of how you are.

thanks

Ha the scan today. Unfortunately the radiographer did not give me any information but just said to ring the gp on Friday. She asked about last period so I am assuming!!! there may be something.

• KazKaz Posts: 482 mod

Hi @Graphia

Try not to worry too much - radiology results are only one part of your diagnosis; it is best that your GP or referring clinician provides you with the full diagnosis. Sometimes the radiologist may be able to provide you with a preliminary report, but usually the radiographer would not be able to give results unless specifically trained to do so.

Any time I've had a scan I've had to wait for the GP or consultant to give me the results - it doesn't necessarily mean that they've found anything untoward.

Thank you for your reply, it helps a lot as I'm feeling as if I'm putting two and two together and spending time on the Internet looking up worst scenario.

Thanks again.