Hrt

Im perimenopause and have just been given evorel conti is this ok for me to take and see how it goes.

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 438 mod
    Hi @Tracy1166 ,

Welcome back again.

Did you see a different doctor to get a new prescription this time? I think I remember that you'd had your HRT stopped and had been given transamic acid to help with bleeding? Did you find out why you were bleeding for such a long time? Has it stopped? 

Evorel Conti is a continuous combined HRT - which means that the two hormones are released continually. According to the patient information sheet, most women don't have a regular monthly period on Conti, but, bleeding or spotting does often occur in the first few months until treatment settles down. 

If your GP has prescribed it for you, then they must feel like this version of HRT will suit your needs. My only concern would be has the GP explained why you were bleeding for such a long time? I used to have periods that lasted almost three weeks at a time, so that was normal for me, but you were concerned the last time you posted because it wasn't normal for you. If you've been checked and they're happy, then this is as good a choice as any. I'm on the Evorel Oestrogen only patch, and am feeling much better for it.  Just be aware that there can sometimes be side effects when you start HRT that can make you feel as if it's not working properly - like bloating, sore breasts or PMT like symptoms. It's worth knowing about them so that you're not surprised if it happens.
    I think it's as you say - you just have to try and see how you get on! You should have a four week review for a new HRT treatment, so you should have a fairly good idea if it's working for you by then. If you have any concerns at all, then you need to speak to your GP again.
    Good luck 😊

• Tracy1166Tracy1166 Posts: 5
    Same doctor he sent me for blood test results were all good. He said it's likely to be erratic bleeding because I'm peri he said can go months without bleeding then it can come out of the blue this he said is what happens I have to start back at month one again now and try get to 12 months period free. Thanks for the help. 
  • KazKaz Posts: 438 mod
    Magic!
    Then I'd say you're good to go, and I have my fingers crossed that you soon feel a big difference 🙂