Hysterectomy Question

Hello!  I had a complete hysterectomy with BSO 4 months ago.  After my 3-month abdominal exercise hiatus, I got back to Pilates and felt great.  The past two weeks we had an eventful 2-week vacation (camping, driving, hiking, etc).  This week, out of the blue, my “belly” is so sore and swollen!!  Could it be due to exhaustion?  Even Pilates doesn’t help very much right now...  Am I just asking too much of my body too soon?  

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 482 mod
    Hello again @HD213 ,

When I had my hysterectomy, I had a 10 month old and a 3 year old. Despite all the advice about taking it easy and resting, there wasn't really much opportunity to do that. I remember it feeling as you describe - sore and swollen, for a bit longer than it should perhaps have taken. 
    If you've been doing Pilates, and were fine, it does sound as though all your activities may indeed have aggravated everything. I would take it easy for a few days, and if things don't ease, or begin to feel even worse, or if the wound site feels hot, it may be wise to have a visit to your doctor just to check that all is well.
    Your vacation does sound great - but perhaps a bit adventurous so soon after your surgery! Hope you had a ball! :)