Help

I have suffered from chronic insomnia for over 20 year's now. Thought it would get easier but hasnt.  I do think I have bad insomnia, but also think some is hormonal, tried over the counter sleep remedies, sleeping tables from gp, they wanted to put me on antidepressants but I felt I didn't want to go down that route as don't feel depressed, just foggy and lack if energy through lack of sleep. Had hormonal blood test that  i waited ages for only to  be told it had hadn't been taken correctly and niw I have to wait for a further blood test. Help!!!

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 438 mod
    woodsey said:
    I have suffered from chronic insomnia for over 20 year's now. Thought it would get easier but hasnt.  I do think I have bad insomnia, but also think some is hormonal, tried over the counter sleep remedies, sleeping tables from gp, they wanted to put me on antidepressants but I felt I didn't want to go down that route as don't feel depressed, just foggy and lack if energy through lack of sleep. Had hormonal blood test that  i waited ages for only to  be told it had hadn't been taken correctly and niw I have to wait for a further blood test. Help!!!
    Hi @woodsey,

You have my sincere sympathy. I suffered with insomnia for years and years - nothing worked!
    In the last year though, the best thing I've discovered to help me on a daily basis is a mindfulness app called Clarity. It helps me with a lot of my symptoms, but more importantly it helps me to sleep, and it helps keep my anxiety in check. I think it could be a really good idea for you to try something like this to help you relax whilst you wait for your next lot of blood tests.
    I love Clarity (for menopausal women) but of course, there are others. It takes a little bit of practice, but it's not a lot of effort and the results in terms of sleep, and a feeling of calm, is well worth that little bit of work.

Https:// clarity.app

Hope this helps! 😊
  • woodseywoodsey Posts: 2
    Thank you so much. I will look into this. I think I am peri menopausal but not 100% sure and have mirena coil, so very hard to keep track of things if that makes sense xx