Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

HRT

Louise66Louise66 Posts: 2
Hi, I'm Louise,  53 years old and I've been going through the menopause for about 2 1/2 to 3 years now. I feel I'm getting worse though. I wear the Ladycare magnet in my knickers and that has helped the hot flushes, I do still get them but not as severe. I still get a horrible clammy skin after one though, i just feel dirty. It's the exhausted feeling and foggy brain I'm having. Im making stupid mistakes at work and my manager isn't the most sympathetic person at the best of times. Im thinking of trying hrt but does your symptoms come back once you stop taking it? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Louise66Louise66 Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. It definitely answered my question regarding hrt. I didn't know that's the reason that I've heard symptoms come back.  I wish I'd known this a couple of years ago. Im going to make an appointment at the doctor and take it from there. Thanks again 
  • KazKaz Posts: 475 mod
    Louise66 said:
    Thank you for your reply. It definitely answered my question regarding hrt. I didn't know that's the reason that I've heard symptoms come back.  I wish I'd known this a couple of years ago. Im going to make an appointment at the doctor and take it from there. Thanks again 
    Good Luck Louise! I've been on HRT for almost 7 months now. I've needed a couple of tweaks, and I did have a few side effects that took a few weeks to settle, but it's worth hanging on. I feel like a new woman! I'd love to hear how you get on 😊