Extreme sweating

Hi how does one cope with dripping with sweat after small chores around the home ?

Tagged:

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 482 mod

Hi @Smarty1 ,

Welcome!

It's just horrible isn't it? Sometimes I didn't even have to be doing something as simple as the household chores to kick it all off! I could be sitting at my desk, minding my own business, and out of nowhere I would be drenched. It was mortifying!

I struggled for a long time - and I used lots of supplements. Some women swear by sage, red clover or black cohosh. I didn't have much success with these, but they're definitely worth a try. Trying to find things that work for your symptoms are very much a "try it and see" thing, and the results are unique to every one of us. What works for me, might not necessarily work for you.

I used to carry changes of clothes, a small towel, a fan, a cooling spray, bottles of water. There are now lots of breathable, cooling fabrics to wear that help to control body temperature. I'd have tried anything I could think of to keep me cool, calm and collected!

I use a mindfulness app called Clarity by one of our experts @Becks_Armstrong. It helps me with lots of things including getting to (and staying) asleep, and with anxiety, but I was surprised by a function on the app called Instacool, that really helped me cool me down again. I was sceptical about this but it's definitely worth a go - and it's completely drug free which I love!

I'm now on HRT, and I find that's really helped me to get on top of most of my symptoms, but I do still have to be aware that if I sneak in a glass of wine or a curry, that can have an effect and trigger the flushes once again.

There are definitely options out there for you to try! 😊