Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Anxiety

JayneTameJayneTame Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am having many hot flushes, mostly in the evenings and through the night, but added to these is the level of anxiety, which causes my shoulders, neck and head to feel stiff and heavy, a bit faint and such headaches after. Is this normal? I have had my blood pressure taken and it was quite high but now on medication for that, also trying to lose weight as I am sure this is a major factor.

I feel I could tick every box for menopausal symptoms at sometime through the day, it is not a good phase of my life. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you. 🙂

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 476 mod

Hello @Jaynie68 ,

Welcome to the forum - thanks for sharing with us.

It can be a testing time that’s for sure! Lots of us will identify with the symptoms you’ve mentioned.

I wonder if you’re taking anything other than your blood pressure medication? I do hope that’s beginning to work for you - and I’m like you, trying to get my weight down, as I do think that will help me to feel better too. It’s hard to know what to suggest. I’ve done both the natural route and HRT. There are pros and cons for both - but it’s really what you want to do that suits your circumstances.

I use a mindfulness app called Clarity to help with anxiety and sleep. It’s really helped, which I was surprised about. I am sleeping better, which means my anxiety is less, but on the days when I do feel a bit overwhelmed, it helps me to relax and get myself back on track. I like it because it’s drug free and I feel as if it gives me some control over what’s happening to me.

One of our resident experts, Maryon Stewart, posted the following on the forum for one of our other ladies asking for help with similar symptoms to yours. She mentions a couple of supplements that you might find helpful too, and she also runs a virtual class to help women get control of their symptoms.

“On the successful programme I have been running to help women overcome their symptoms naturally for over 27 years I teach how to consume foods rich in Mother Nature’s oestrogen to fool the brain into thinking there is once again normal circulating oestrogen. Standardised and well researched supplements like Promensil and Femmennessence Macapause also help to normalise hormone function in the body. If you would like to know more about how to overcome your symptoms you are welcome to attend one of my virtual classes. Here is the link https://maryonstewart.com/virtualclass

Hope there’s something here you find useful! 😊