Brain fog

I'm having major brain fog today. Trying to be professional at work but making so many mistakes.

What do you all take to help this and does it work ?

X

Comments

• Nursesally91Nursesally91 Posts: 14

I’m on HRT post surgical menopause and I was dreadful but I can say HRT as helped 50% but would still like 90% if there’s such a thing in menopause before age related memory loss kicks inso if there is anything else out there I would also like to here 🙏🙏

• jules30jules30 Posts: 6

I can't take HRT at the moment so I'm really struggling. This is the first day I've really suffered and it's panicking me a bit as I feel totally useless.

• KazKaz Posts: 299 mod

Hey @jules30 ,

Do you think you feel it more because you’ve had a few days off work?

I used to get really horrible brain fog, and was then told I was B12 deficient. I haven’t been so bad since I started a daily B12 tablet.

Maybe worth a thought? 😊

• jules30jules30 Posts: 6

I really don't know. Yesterday at work was fine but today it's been a nightmare. I've written patient notes in wrong patient files. Forgotten what I'm doing. Can't think of words. It's been a joke. I've also cut out sugar and have felt quite shaky today so not sure if that's connected.

• KazKaz Posts: 299 mod

I was thinking about you last night.

When you were away, did you relax your diet a bit? I know you’ve done really well cutting back on the sugar. I wonder if it’s a bit like me - on holiday I eat all the things I shouldn’t, and drink wine etc. All of which raises all the sugar levels. I wonder if the shakes were a bit of detoxing after your holidays?

Hope today has been better 😊

• MerrithoMeno1MerrithoMeno1 Posts: 1

So I have brain fog so bad, was at an intersection Im not super familiar with, and was on wrong side of median, had to adjust.... Luckily nobody hit me with a car full of kids!!! Truly my worst experience on road as menopausal chick.

• IssyQIssyQ Posts: 7

I empathise with the brain fog my levels of concentration are not good. Any chatter in the office and I am totally lost. I am hoping that HRT will help and will try B12 as suggested.

All the best in finding what works for you.