› ›

Dawn Boulanoff, Yoga Teacher & Expert In Yoga For Hormonal Health! Ask The Expert!

DawnBoulanoffDawnBoulanoff Posts: 4 Menopause Yoga Expert
Leading expert on hormonal yoga to help balance your life and your health joins the Community to answer your questions!

Post your questions now!

Dawn

Dawn is one of the very first yoga teachers in the UK qualified as a Hormonal Yoga Teacher, and as a teacher of Hatha Yoga, for the body and mind, as well as Yoga Flows, Iyengar, Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga and revitalisation for the endocrine system, she believes and practices the principle of balancing your hormones to help balance your life and health

Having taught yoga for over 25 years, her committed relationship with yoga is expressed through her special interest in women’s health. 

Teaching yoga in a variety of locations and for a variety of audiences, including the NHS, corporate clients and Harley Street clinics, as well as presenting at the UK Om Yoga Show in 2014, Dawn has helped raise awareness of hormonal yoga and the many benefits it can bring to women all over the world.

Hormone Yoga

Hormonal Yoga is the natural alternative to conventional hormone therapy. This yoga is directed towards the female hormones and glands. It is beneficial for the pituitary gland (hypophysis), ovaries, adrenals and thyroid.

This dynamic sequence of stretching and breathing deep relaxation and meditations was developed by Dinah Rodriquez. Dawn is one of only a handful of teachers in the UK certified to teach Hormonal Yoga. If a woman is suffering from PMS, Infertility Problems, Mood Swings, Menstrual Cramps, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovaries, Low Energy, Sleep Disturbances, Memory Loss, learning this balancing sequence is a gentle way to recovery.

Dawn teaches regular classes, Workshop, Seminars and Retreats on Hormone Yoga Therapy.

Dawn joins us to answer your questions on how yoga can help you with menopause symptoms!

Post your questions now!

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 299 mod

Hello @DawnBoulanoff

It’s great to have you on the forum, and I hope that our ladies have lots of questions for you.

I would like to know if there are a few yoga stretches or exercises I could do every day, that would help to keep on top of the mood swings that still, despite the HRT and supplements, seem to appear out of nowhere. 🧘‍♂️

Thanks!

• DawnBoulanoffDawnBoulanoff Posts: 4 Menopause Yoga Expert

Hello Kaz sorry for the late reply I have just received your mail I would suggest firsly joint exercises then you can work on:

Bridge good for stimulating thyroid as long as you do not have an over active thyroid.

Sun saluation is excellence for whole body and lubricating the joints. This is good for energising thw body and mind.

For hot flushes take a breath in through the mouth like you are drinking the breath in through a straw close mouth breath out through through the nose this is a cooling breath.

For mood swings try to work on your breath ... a longer breath out then in breath this will help calm down the body and the mind and relax nervous system.

Hope this helps. Dawn

• KazKaz Posts: 299 mod

Thanks @DawnBoulanoff .

I'll have a go and let you know how it goes!

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I can only imagine how busy you are!! 😊 🧘‍♀️

• ShaywhitejosephShaywhitejoseph Posts: 3 ✭

Hi Dawn. Thank you for graciously taking the time to encourage and support those of us who are experiencing the symptoms of menopause. I have had a little bit of all 66-100 symptoms (lol) but the most disturbing one is intermittent heart palpitations. I had an EKG and ECHO last week with stable results or at least no changes from 2 years ago and wouldn't you guess..no irregular beats! The day I went in for these test is the day this symptom didn't show up. Well it returned 2 days ago. Still intermittent but very frightening. What yoga exercises would you suggest to help me deal with it?

Thank you

Shay

Hi Shay thank you for your mail. I would suggest gentle hatha yoga and relaxation techniques will work for you. Try find a local class. Dawn

• Runner63Runner63 Posts: 1 ✭

Hi Dawn

My main problem is anxiety/panic seemingly over nothing. I too get palpitations. I cannot take HRT as my sister died of breast cancer and do not want to take antidepressants as offered by the doctor, so looking for natural ways to improve my daily life?

Hello thank you so much for your mail. I would suggest that you look for a hatha yoga class this will give you the tools to calm the body and mind and give you relaxation techniques. Also I would suggest that mindfulness will be a great help you to you. Try to find a local class within your area.