Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Sweats

DebiDebi Posts: 2

Hi I would like to know if anyone else suffers sweating to the point the whole body I pour out and soaks my clothes , this is day and night time , I'm on hrt but still suffer them from time to time

thank you

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

Hi Debi

Yes I do differ with this from time to time. It can be a nightmare. I now have a spare set of clothes in work incase I need them.

I have found that sage tablets help. I got mine from Amazon they were quite cheap. It may be worth giving them a try.

Good luck X

• DebiDebi Posts: 2

Hi Julie many thanks I will give them ago , it's got to the point on cold days I'm unable to leave the house as there so bad I freeze x

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

I know it's awful isn't it. You are so hot but your clothes and skin are so wet they get cold very quickly.

Give sage a go and see if it makes a difference. Took a couple of days to kick in but I can definitely feel the difference now. X

• KazKaz Posts: 475 mod

Hi @Debi

I remember this so well - and now it happens very rarely to me thankfully! I guess that’s a positive right?

I used to work in an office - and my entire bottom drawer was my emergency drawer. It had a hand towel, a change of clothes, some wet wipes, some cool spray, bottles of water, a menthol headache stick (because it feels cool when you first put it on!). Honestly - when I look back, I wonder how I managed! On my desk was a fan, that was rarely off, even in the middle of winter.

I never had any warning, and I could go from “normal” to looking as if I’d just stepped out of the shower in seconds. I would literally be dripping wet - I even used to have water dripping off the end of my nose! Mortifying!

Over the years I tried all sorts - sage, black cohosh, soya isoflavones, Don Quai, red clover. And many others! Just ask my bank manager! Some worked, and some didn’t. I think that’s the hard thing with menopause symptoms. There are lots of things out there that you can try - and I would encourage you to try things, but it’s a very individual journey and what works for one woman, may not work for another.

Finally, I was allowed to try HRT, and everything has finally calmed down!

I hope you find something that works for you! 😊

• Richo1972Richo1972 Posts: 4

I thought I’d try the Menomagic cream and it’s worked a treat for me, I rarely have any flushes now 😃

• V1ct0riaV1ct0ria Posts: 1

Has anybody tried magnet therapy here? I wear a magnetic bracelet around my wrist and a magnetic anklet, I drink magnetic water and my hot flushes seemed to have vanished. I’m taking absolutely nothing else for this delightful phase of my life!

• KazKaz Posts: 475 mod

Hello! And welcome 😊

That's brilliant news for you @V1ct0ria !

I've tried the magnets (increasing strengths) a few times and for a decent amount of time. They didn't work for me unfortunately - but I've seen lots of women, like yourself, who get really good results.

I think it's really important to be prepared to try lots of things until you find something that works - it would be much easier for all of us, if there was a "one size fits all" fix for menopausal symptoms. Perhaps we wouldn't all get quite so fed up with things!

Continued success with the magnets - I'm glad you've found what works for you 😊