Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Perimenopausal

K8YK8Y Posts: 1

I think I’m perimenopausal. My periods have changed, anxiety, itchy skin, heavy flow, tiredness, mood swings. Back pain. I’m 44. My question is are your symptoms worse during and just before your period or do you suffer constantly.

Answers

• KazKaz Posts: 475 mod

Hello @K8Y

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your question. Your symptoms do seem to point to you being perimenopausal. The difficulty with peri menopause and menopause is that no two women will have exactly the same symptoms or side effects. It would be far easier to understand what happens to us and get help if we did!

It may certainly be true that your symptoms seem worse during or in the run up to your period. It may also be true that you have symptoms constantly as you describe it. I'm afraid it's not so easy to say either way - your symptoms will be unique to you, and I would always recommend that if your symptoms are beginning to bother you, or impact on your day to day activities, relationships, work etc, it may be time to make an appointment with your GP to have a conversation about it.

Hope this helps 😊