Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Upping hrt patch

Spam21Spam21 Posts: 11

Hi can anyone say how long it takes for your hormones to settle again once u have gone up a patch size. So gone from Evorel 50. To a 75 one .

Tagged:

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 475 mod

Hello again @Spam21 ,

According to the NHS website (and this ties with my experience of HRT so far) it may take a few weeks for you to notice a difference, and you may have some different side effects at first. Your GP will probably recommend that you try this change for at least three months to see if it helps. If it doesn't help, they may suggest a different dose again, or another HRT treatment altogether. It's a nuisance, but sometimes it can take a bit of time to find one that suits you. That doesn't mean that HRT is not working for you - it may just be that things have to be tweaked or altered altogether to have the best possible results for you.

Hang in there! 😊

• Spam21Spam21 Posts: 11

Thank u. I was on the gel before the patches. X

• Nursesally91Nursesally91 Posts: 16

I did that 5 weeks ago exactly same went from 50 to 75 and managed it for 3 weeks but ended up going back down as I had terrible headache, palpitations, heart burn, really dizzy and still had foggy head & hot seats and scared to give it another go 🙈