Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Am I in perimenopause

RachRach Posts: 3

I'm 46 and wondering if I'm in perimenopause , my cycle has gone from 28 days to 23 and back a few times. my pmt is terrible and at other times I feel down , I am hot alot but it doesn't come over me in waves , I sometimes find it hard to sleep at night .

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 475 mod

Hi Rach,

Welcome to the forum.

It does sound very much like you are showing perimenopausal symptoms.

If you find that they are becoming troublesome, I would make an appointment to see and discuss with your GP. In the meantime, keep a note of symptoms and dates etc so that you can give your doctor a helping hand!

I've attached a factsheet which might give you some more useful information.

☺️

• sheilaesheilae Posts: 27 mod

Hi Rach, welcome to this forum & thanks for your query! Yes...it does seem very likely that you could be on your way to being perimenopausal as you're body is giving you new symptoms which relate to it! A visit to your GP is certainly advisable for a chat & I'm sure you'll be given a leaflet or two for bedtime reading! Good advice from Kaz above for keeping tabs & making notes of your symptoms which you can then have at the ready! Again the above literature should be most useful too......💕