Weight loss

Morning ladies

This week I've cut out sugars and snacking. I've lost 5lb so far in 6 days.. Its just a small change but I feel so much better. No bloating, no heartburn and the cravings are getting better.. Hopefully it will help with the constipation too.

It just proves that a little change can go a long way.

I'm going to post my weight loss every Sunday on here and anyone that wants to join me can do the same.. We can help each other along.

Come on ladies we CAN do this :)

Comments

• sheilasheila Posts: 5

Hi Julie & a big welcome to you on this forum! Well done you on your weight loss...you're so right....small changes certainly do add up & when it comes to diet & menopause, there is a huge connection! Drinking lots of water throughout the day to keep you well hydrated & cutting back on sugary foods not only aids with the weight loss but also makes you feel better mentally & emotionally too!! I certainly found & find sometimes if I indulge in the sweet things too much in a day, my sleep certainly is a bad one that night! Moderation is key...I know not always easy but best way to go...

Onwards & upwards eh?! One day at a time...best of luck! X

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 139 mod

Morning ladies

Just weighed myself and had another 5lb weight loss. That's 10lb in 2 weeks just by giving up refined sugar.

I'm so pleased with myself :)

• sheilaesheilae Posts: 27 mod

Fantastic Julie! Sugar is the root of all evil...LOL!! As you have proved, the weight falls off without your sugar overload....well done but take care that you don't overdo it & lose too much weight!! 😁💕

• sleepdeprivedsleepdeprived Posts: 1

Hi Julie, how are you doing on your weight loss programme?

Curious to know how you deal with your sugar cravings, could you share what technique you use. I would love to cut out sugars and have tried, but failed every time. I have not made a connection between sugar consumption and the impact on sleep, so i'll start monitoring that from today. Thanks.

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 139 mod

Hi sleepdeprived

To be honest I don't have any methods I use. I think I'm just very strong willed. Once I decide something I do it.. it helps this time that I've already bought the dress for my son's wedding and it's a size too small so I have to lose the weight lol. I actually haven't had cravings which I'm really surprised about as I'm a real chocolate lover

I think you have to want to do something to be able to do it. Whether it's dieting. Smoking. Going to the gym. If you don't have heart in it you won't succeed and you can only do it when YOU are ready.

Good luck :)