Itchy skin

has anybody had issues with itching? It is worse when I am having night sweats but I am generally itchy all the time. This is to the point of making my skin sore. At the moment the only symptoms I have are the night sweats and itching so nothing like some of you. I tried black cohosh for a while but the itching increased dramatically so I stopped it.

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 223 mod
    Lisamoss said:
    has anybody had issues with itching? It is worse when I am having night sweats but I am generally itchy all the time. This is to the point of making my skin sore. At the moment the only symptoms I have are the night sweats and itching so nothing like some of you. I tried black cohosh for a while but the itching increased dramatically so I stopped it.
    Hello Lisa,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I have to be honest - I did not associate my itchy skin as being menopause related, but I don' know why since my skin is always dry and tight and I put THAT down to the menopause! I did start taking Omega 7 after it was recommended to me, but I don't see a difference at all after taking it for nearly three months now.
    I'm going to follow this conversation and see if anyone has something that might work for us!
    Have you asked this same question to Maryon Stewart for her Ask Me Anything Event on 12th February? Perhaps she'll have an answer for us!

https://community.livebetterwith.com/menopause/discussion/221/join-our-resident-menopause-expert-maryon-stewart-and-get-your-mojo-back-ask-me-anything#latest

• Mandy12_3Mandy12_3 Posts: 1
    Hi yes very itchy spent loads trying to help but it's ruining me xx
  • inbetweeninbetween Posts: 3
    I have been taking omega 7 for a year and feel it has definitely helped with my skin (also good for all mucous membranes - eg vaginal dryness - as an added bonus) - I take the Pharma Nord brand, as it always gets really good reviews. For the last month or so I have also been taking a high-quality, natural food-grown Skin, Hair and Nail supplement by Wild Nutrition that I would definitely recommend, as I have noticed a big improvement. Here is a link to their website that gives 25% off the first order http://wildnutrition.refr.cc/sallyh Good luck in finding something that works for you!
  • KazKaz Posts: 223 mod
    inbetween said:
    I have been taking omega 7 for a year and feel it has definitely helped with my skin (also good for all mucous membranes - eg vaginal dryness - as an added bonus) - I take the Pharma Nord brand, as it always gets really good reviews. For the last month or so I have also been taking a high-quality, natural food-grown Skin, Hair and Nail supplement by Wild Nutrition that I would definitely recommend, as I have noticed a big improvement. Here is a link to their website that gives 25% off the first order http://wildnutrition.refr.cc/sallyh Good luck in finding something that works for you!
    Thanks for this tip. I’m glad the omega 7 worked for you. I used the same brand too. I wonder if I didn’t use it for long enough perhaps? Perhaps I’m just too impatient? I’m off to have a look at Wild Nutrition to see what they have to offer. 😊 
  • LisamossLisamoss Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone for your comments 😀😀😀 I will take a look
    at Wild Nutrition 😀
  • TADTAD Posts: 2
    edited February 9
    I'm on Fexofenidene, I'm asthmatic too and that can be part of the cause. I can't go swimming any more tho or in a Spa as that causes immense itching all over for days, last time it took just over 2 weeks of hardly any sleep, totally distracted days and very sore skin but with lots of Emolliant cream to help and the tablets which I still take every day to keep it at bay! I loved swimming as a gentle but very effective exercise so I'm gutted I can't keep that up. Back and joint issues don't help with exercise but swimming did! 
    Good luck.
  • Julie20Julie20 Posts: 73 mod

Hi lisa

I get very itchy scalp from my head sweating at night. I scratch it so much I rip the skin. The best thing I've found is natural aloe Vera gel. It takes the itch away instantly.

I hope you find something that works for you :)