Depression following stopping hrt on medical grounds

i had to stop taking hrt on advice from my doctor the reason I started taking it was I suffered for a long time with feeling down and not being able to cope. I am usually a really strong person and cope very well and when I was put on hrt I was back to normal. I stopped taking hrt about 2 months ago and am starting to feel really low again. I have an appointment with the doctor but it will be 4 weeks before my appointment. I don’t know if there is anything that can help if I can’t take hrt.

Comments

• KazKenn24KazKenn24 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Caroline said:
    i had to stop taking hrt on advice from my doctor the reason I started taking it was I suffered for a long time with feeling down and not being able to cope. I am usually a really strong person and cope very well and when I was put on hrt I was back to normal. I stopped taking hrt about 2 months ago and am starting to feel really low again. I have an appointment with the doctor but it will be 4 weeks before my appointment. I don’t know if there is anything that can help if I can’t take hrt.
    Hi Caroline,
    It’s nice to have you with us.
    I’m sorry that you’re feeling so low. What’s really great is that you’ve recognised that you’re having trouble coping and you’re trying to get help. 
    I’ve had depression for nearly twenty years, and the feeling of being low is so awful. I no longer take anti depressants - after taking them for a very long time I didn’t like the way anti depressants made me feel anymore. I now take 5htp as a supplement, and I’ve been really impressed with the results. I also exercise and use mindfulness apps to quiet my noisy (and sometimes anxious) mind. I don’t know if any of this would help you in any way, and I would really urge you to try to bring your GP appointment forward if you can.
    Be kind to yourself ♥️