Ovaries removed

FavoleFavole Posts: 2
Hi to everyone. So to make a long story short I started having a medically forced menopause last year due to PMDD and last week I surgically had my ovaries taken out. The advice I’m looking for is what diet is best to start having and any tips for dealing with dry skin or the best make up to use?? 

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 402 mod
    Favole said:
    Hi to everyone. So to make a long story short I started having a medically forced menopause last year due to PMDD and last week I surgically had my ovaries taken out. The advice I’m looking for is what diet is best to start having and any tips for dealing with dry skin or the best make up to use?? 
    Hi Favole.
    Welcome to our forum. It’s nice to have you with us.
    What a lot you’ve been through! I hope you’re recovering well from your surgery.
    I’ve attached a blog from Nicki Williams - she’s a nutritionist who talks a lot of sense about all things menopause, and we recently had her answering lots of questions on the forum.
    I find my skin is really dry too. I’m trying an omega 7 supplement to help with this, but I haven’t been taking it long enough to say it’s making a difference. A dry oil spray applied after my shower helps.
    I’m afraid I can’t really help you with makeup. Some days it’s a win if I even manage to brush my hair!! 🤭 
    I’m looking forward to seeing what other ladies suggest for you!

http://happyhormonesforlife.com/eat-way-menopause/

• FavoleFavole Posts: 2
    Thank u for welcoming me and thank u for the tips/link. Any help I can get would be great lol
  • JuJu23JuJu23 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Favole, same as you - I visited a nutritionist- eat every 3 hours if you can, NO sugar if you can! No caffeine will help, and lots of veg n fruit - omega 3’s and soya as a protein source ...
    I use organic natural face cream generally and recently found A S apothecary (online but flagship store in East Sussex) lovely products bit pricey so only brought one - first aid kit for dry patchy skin - seems to work ...
    ps exercise for your bone health (if you can!!!) 
    all the best ...
    Ju