My body doesn't want to give in to the menopause

Stopped bleeding for a year. Started HRT,  started bleeding again for 10 months, stopped for 2 months. Had a scan and told I have 2 cysts and a very thick womb. Told I will be scanned in four months, but getting such horrid headaches and breast pain, only on the left side. Is this premenopausal?

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 223 mod
    Bringiton said:
    Stopped bleeding for a year. Started HRT,  started bleeding again for 10 months, stopped for 2 months. Had a scan and told I have 2 cysts and a very thick womb. Told I will be scanned in four months, but getting such horrid headaches and breast pain, only on the left side. Is this premenopausal?
    Hello Bringiton! 
    Thanks for sharing your first post with us.
    How frustrating for you! And how confusing. 
    It's really hard to know what's going on isn't it? I guess the only real way to know would be to ask for a blood test. I think a year without periods is when you move from perimenopausal to menopausal, but it's not always as clear-cut as that. I know you said you'd be scanned in four months, but that's a long time to worry. If I were you I'd be making an appointment with my GP and asking for some help! Perhaps you could think about preparing a list of written questions to take. I get muddled and miss out what I want to say when I see my doctor, so I find the best way is to write my queries down! I also used to worry that my GP would think I was weird taking in a list with me, but she assures me it's fairly common, and sometimes is easier to work with!
    My questions, if I were you, would be - 
    Am I menopausal? 
    Can you do a blood test?
    Are the cysts/thickened womb causing the bleeding? Why have I stopped bleeding, then restarted, and stopped again?
    Is the HRT working for me?
    Why am I getting headaches?
    What's causing the breast pain? 
    I hope you can get some relief from the headaches and breast pain! Please pop back and let us know how you get on! K :)

• BringitonBringiton Posts: 2
    Hi Kaz, thank you so much for taking time to write a response. I may use your list 😊 on my next visit to the docs. I have just had a message saying this group isn't taking any more new members. I can only assume the group is inundated with questions. There's quite a few women out there who need help and just don't get it.  I may not be able to contact you again, but once again thank you so much for your help. 
  • KazKaz Posts: 223 mod
    Hi Bringiton. 
    The Community Forum is open, and we are actively encouraging new members, so please don't worry!
    We'll all be here to offer support and advice when you need it! ☺ 
  • JuJu23JuJu23 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Hi bringiton
    i had cysts ..headaches most days and pain pain pain...
    ovaries removed and pain free ..occasional headache but rare ..
    menopuse symtoms yes but I had those prior to surgey also ...
    best of luck