Hi all im really struggling with weird head feelings

can anyone help /advise what to take do it’s driving me mad 

Best Answers

• Col7777Col7777 Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Hun it’s weird not pain just a strange feeling as though I’m going to have a seizure but don’t if that makes sense x

Answers

• KazKaz Posts: 155 mod
    OK. I think I know what you mean!
    I don’t know if this will make sense.... I get a sensation in my head, like it’s full of cotton wool (that’s a rubbish explanation! Sorry). Or, as if I’m underwater? Everything’s muffled. No pain. It doesn’t last long, it unsettles me a bit, but it goes away on its own.
    I get migraines fairly regularly, and I just thought that this was another symptom relating to that. It’s hadn't occurred to me that it might be another symptom of the menopause!  :/
    Perhaps it’s another question to put to the Ask Me Anything Event on 16th January? Perhaps Nicki Williams will have come across it before?

https://community.livebetterwith.com/menopause/discussion/161/award-winning-nutrionist-nicki-williams-joins-us-for-our-first-ever-ask-me-anything-event#latest
  • wendikinswendikins Posts: 3
    Cotton wool head is a great description of something I have been getting recently. It can be a coiple of days before I feel better and sometimes I will get it for part of a day. I have always put it down to having a virus. I spent September either feeling like I was going down with something,having it and then getting over it. October through December were great,no headaches of any kind and full of energy. Went on two holidays and enjoyed them. I usually swim twice a week but haven't been this year yet. Feel like just writing off January and hoping February will be better & I can get back to swimming which I know will make me feel fitter and more confident in my body.
    wendikins said:
    Cotton wool head is a great description of something I have been getting recently. It can be a coiple of days before I feel better and sometimes I will get it for part of a day. I have always put it down to having a virus. I spent September either feeling like I was going down with something,having it and then getting over it. October through December were great,no headaches of any kind and full of energy. Went on two holidays and enjoyed them. I usually swim twice a week but haven't been this year yet. Feel like just writing off January and hoping February will be better & I can get back to swimming which I know will make me feel fitter and more confident in my body.
    Hi Wendikins! 
    It’s rubbish isn’t it? Seems like such a vague symptom so I haven’t mentioned it to the GP. I kind of feel like he must roll his eyes and ask himself “ what next?” when I try and explain some of these things!  Frustrating! In my case though, it never  lasts very long, it’s just weird!
  • sophie1967sophie1967 Posts: 1

Hi

I know exactly what you mean and it is impossible to describe, in fact when I tried to describe it to my doctor, I think I said I just feel all spacey and weird and my face feels puffy - she said that's got nothing to do with the menopause! What I have learnt to do when it happens is just to keep telling myself that it will pass. The first time it happened to me I was having my hair coloured and I got into such a panic I made them take the dye off, even though it had only been on for 3 minutes. I still had to pay for the colour and couldn't wait to get home. The hairdresser was in a terrible panic as she thought I was having a reaction to the dye. Now when it happens I am much calmer and it does pass on its own. Hope this is helpful

• Wjh1961Wjh1961 Posts: 4

Yes! I know what you're talking about. The first time it happened to me I thought I was having a stroke or something. Like my head wasnt my own. Lol

• sheilaesheilae Posts: 27 mod

Hello there Col7777 & welcome to this forum!! I often have that funny sensation in my head....a muzzy/wooden/not with it kind of feeling - floaty & feel everything is not really real?? Don't know if you or any of the other ladies can relate to that or is yours different again?? I just thought I'd throw my symptoms into the mix too!! I seldom get headaches thankfully so although I sometimes feel a bit strange, in a funny kind of way, I quite enjoy the feeling LOL 😂!! A bit like a deja-vu ???!!! 💕

• Quirky165Quirky165 Posts: 3

Hi I've started taking clonidine for flushes and sweats prescribed by Dr. Been off work for 2 weeks, drowsy, headaches really bad and from yesterday , pressure in head so sore!! Wondering if this will ease. Think I now have a nassl infection too!

Hi Quirky165,

Poor you! I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

I seem to remember clonidine can make you feel a bit drowsy. I think it's sometimes used to treat insomnia so that makes sense. I'm fairly sure it's the same with headaches, unless as you say, you also have a sinus infection. They can be really painful and would explain the feeling of pressure in your head, so I hope you have something to help you with that.

I hope the side effects settle down after a few doses of the medication. Do you have another appointment booked with your GP to see how you're doing with the meds? If you haven't, and the side effects have been going on for a couple of weeks or more, I'd be inclined to ask to see the GP again.

Have you thought about something gentle like a lavender temple rub or balm to dab on your forehead to ease your headache a little, or perhaps a cool cloth? I quite like to use those gel strips that stick to your head and feel cool when I have a headache.

Feel better soon 😊🤕

Yeah thanks, have another appt in next 2 weeks. Thank God had an antibiotic for infection! The pain and pressure at 5 on Friday morning was unbearable!! Today now pain well eased thank God!! Clonidine causes dry eyes, nose and mouth!! Honestly thought over last few weeks I had a brain tumour!! Know that's sounds extreme but couldn't understsnd what was going on! Men are sooo lucky. 😣😣

Glad things are easing up. Sinus pain is horrible so I don't think it's extreme that a brain tumour felt like an option! Just horrible though, that the things which will eventually give you some relief, also give you other side effects to deal with.

As for men being lucky - I think my other half would disagree after all the years of coping with menopausal me! 😄 😄 😄

Thanks for your input!! My hubby used to my moods. 😁😁