Emotions

Hi everyone, im new to this site today, i had a hysterectomy at 40yrs of age due to being diagnosed with endometrial and cervical cancer, i had radiotherapy and im now coming in my 8th year of remmision, but im struggling so badly with the menopause symptoms, they seem to be getting worse even after all these years, will they ever end??? 

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 349 mod
    Carol_71 said:
    Hi everyone, im new to this site today, i had a hysterectomy at 40yrs of age due to being diagnosed with endometrial and cervical cancer, i had radiotherapy and im now coming in my 8th year of remmision, but im struggling so badly with the menopause symptoms, they seem to be getting worse even after all these years, will they ever end??? 
    Hello Carol,
    Welcome to our forum. We are always happy to see new members sharing their stories.
    8 years is remission is brilliant news! :)
    What symptoms do you struggle with? Do you take HRT or are you using any supplements to help? Are you getting any help from your GP? Sorry! Lots of questions!
    Its a real roller coaster isn’t it? It seems so unfair that some women seem to sail through with no symptoms whilst others struggle for the longest time. You’re not on your own!
    Have you had a look around the website to see if there is any information in the “Guides” section that could help you, or perhaps you’d like to share your questions with Nicki Williams. She’s our guest expert on the forum next week. She’s a nutritionist, as well as a leading expert in women’s health, and she’s holding a Menopause Ask Me Anything Event. Perhaps she’d have some helpful information for you! I’m excited to see what she has to say!

https://community.livebetterwith.com/menopause/discussion/161/award-winning-nutrionist-nicki-williams-joins-us-for-our-first-ever-ask-me-anything-event#latest
  • Carol_71Carol_71 Posts: 3
    8years is so good, and i thank my lucky stars every day.
    Im not allowed hrt because of the risks of cancer returning, my gp is very understanding but only prescribed anti depressants, i only take multi vitamins and evening primrose oil,  i struggle to sleep but im absolutely worn out, my bones ache and the silliest things set me off crying, today i could easily walk out my home and never come back, i know its hormones and that it will pass but im struggling.
    I wondered if that would be the case with HRT. I can’t take hrt either, because of migraines. It’s really hard finding something else that works. I’m up to my eyeballs in supplements - trying to overcome flushes, mood swings, aches and pains. Like you, there are some days I could cry for Britain, and other days I feel OK. Likewise, I completely get the feeling of disappearing! 
    This forum has been a gift. Somehow, even after all the years I’ve been juggling with various symptoms and depression, knowing that there are other women out there feeling the same way as me, helps me enormously. I feel more able to rationalise when I feel low, or I can’t stop the tears, and I’m more prepared to find ways to help myself. 
    Ive just bought a copy of the book Nicki Williams has written. I’m hoping that I’ll find something in there that will help with the night sweats and finally let me sleep. I think if I could get a decent amount of sleep, the rest would be easier to deal with!
    i think mostly, I would say to you, please don't feel alone. There are lots of us out there, and we’re beginning to make a lot of noise about the menopause to try and help one another along! ♥️ 
  • Carol_71Carol_71 Posts: 3
    Ive been told to try  menopause support supplement by my Macmillan support nurse so they are on order, and going to try a supplement to help my joints and bones, i thought id have got through by now but apparently it can last alot more years, im suprised my partner hasn't up and left because im awful to him at times.its nice to talk to others and know im not alone.
    Carol - you know where we are when you need us 😊