LIFE AFTER HRT

Hi There

I am new to this site, and I am hoping to get some advice re menopause :-)   
I have been on various types of HRT since 2016, concluding with Cyclo-progynova which I stopped taking in March 2018.  This particular HRT tablet made me feel 'rough' as in headachey, tired - a bit like having a hangover without the pleasure of having had a drink!
This particular HRT prompted me to have periods as it was a cyclical tablet (although please correct me if I'm wrong) and since I stopped taking it, I haven't had a period since, so effectively my last period was Feb/March 2018.

I still don;t feel 100% and can feel weepy which I am not sure if is hormonal.  I take anti-d's and have done for years, I am on thyroxin as I don't have a thyroid gland (levels were tested before Xmas and are fine) the GP has said he could do bloods but they won;t necessarily show whether I am post menopause or not.

Phew, after all of that I guess what I'm asking is am I post menopause? As I still feel weepy is it worth taking HRT again?  Would I benefit from going private and seeing someone?  I take VitD and calcium, I have arthritis in both ankles (need replacing) and my iron levels are fine (tested before Xmas).   I'm 51 bit feel 151  :/

Thanks!

Comments

• KazKenn24KazKenn24 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Hi There

I am new to this site, and I am hoping to get some advice re menopause :-)   
    I have been on various types of HRT since 2016, concluding with Cyclo-progynova which I stopped taking in March 2018.  This particular HRT tablet made me feel 'rough' as in headachey, tired - a bit like having a hangover without the pleasure of having had a drink!
    This particular HRT prompted me to have periods as it was a cyclical tablet (although please correct me if I'm wrong) and since I stopped taking it, I haven't had a period since, so effectively my last period was Feb/March 2018.

I still don;t feel 100% and can feel weepy which I am not sure if is hormonal.  I take anti-d's and have done for years, I am on thyroxin as I don't have a thyroid gland (levels were tested before Xmas and are fine) the GP has said he could do bloods but they won;t necessarily show whether I am post menopause or not.

Phew, after all of that I guess what I'm asking is am I post menopause? As I still feel weepy is it worth taking HRT again?  Would I benefit from going private and seeing someone?  I take VitD and calcium, I have arthritis in both ankles (need replacing) and my iron levels are fine (tested before Xmas).   I'm 51 bit feel 151  :/

Thanks!

Hi BizzyLizzy. Welcome to our forum! It’s nice to have you with us. What a lot of symptoms you’re dealing with! I did laugh when you said you were “51 feeling like 151”. I can completely empathise with that! I think you are classed as “post menopausal “ when you’ve had no period for a year or more, although I guess when we’re dealing with hormones, there must be a bit of latitude with that! Have you had the conversation with your GP about restarting some form of HRT because of your remaining symptoms? Might be worth a shot.
    Or we have Nicki Williams answering questions on the forum in a couple of weeks. She’s written a book about dealing with the menopause. Perhaps you could follow the link and ask her your questions? She may have some suggestions that could help. I’m compiling my list of questions for her right now!  :)

https://community.livebetterwith.com/menopause/discussion/161/award-winning-nutrionist-nicki-williams-joins-us-for-our-first-ever-ask-me-anything-event#latest