Home Menopause Forum Menopause at Work

Work

MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

I am 53 years old and about to turn 54. I am just venting and by no means I am not saying that I am not grateful for my job because I am. I feel truly blessed to have a job during these hard times.

But has anyone just felt like you are just tired of working and want to retire and just do what you want to do when you want to do it.

I have been working since I was 14 years old and I have to say it is getting old at this point LOL

According to our social security office here in the states I am supposed to work 13 years old so that I get social security but the way I am feeling right about now. I don't see any company getting 13 more years out of me. Maybe if I had my own business and was doing something that I am passionate about maybe that would be different.

But anywhoo just venting and thanks for reading my post.

If you can relate on how I am feeling please comment and let me know.

Comments

• flowergirl55flowergirl55 Posts: 2

I know what you mean, I have days like this and it makes me feel awful because as you said I am very grateful to still have a job etc. But it's difficult, sometims I can barely focus and I get so exhausted easily.

I work from home as well and it's hard to separate work from personal life.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@flowergirl55

I am so glad that I am not alone. I definitely can’t focus and concentration can get bad at times, forgetting things is a pain too. I have post it notes everywhere on my desk.

Ireally hope it will get better.