Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Feedback please

Hello ladies as you are probably already aware, we aren’t getting much feedback or discussions in this group.

We are here to help

you with this life journey called menopause

@Diane Porterfield-Bourne @Giada Frontino and myself.

We know the pandemic has been rough on everyone and we are here to hopefully take some of that load off of you. By way of discussions, emotional support, questions and answers, a get away spot and resources etc.

Diane and Giana have several years of experience in the Menopause field. Please reach out to them on any questions or concerns that you may have.

Also let us know what topics that you would be interested in us adding to the forum to make it more interactive and interesting. Are we missing something? Do you want different categories, questions and answers sessions, craft conversations, book clubs, webinars maybe a forum to chat whatever it is let us know. Again ladies we are here for you and want your participation in the group.

All suggestions and feedback are welcome.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• JunieJunie Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Monica

I think diet would be helpful.

we can get information on this from most websites, but they do not discuss individuals with different ailments, and a diet that is best for them.

hugs

Junie

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Junie

Thank you so much for your feedback

Diet is very important while going through menopause. Personally for myself with the weight gain out of control and sometimes the normal diets don’t work. I feel when women are menopausal it is very challenging for us to get the weight off and the cookie cutter diets don’t always work

I have an over sensitive bladder which I was diagnosed with before the surgery but I guess I was in denial for awhile but after my surgery they confirmed it again so there are things that I love that I have to stop eating chocolate, wine, champagne, coffee and most teas and some other things.

As we get older and especially menopausal there are so many foods it the way that we eat that effects us now.

Yes it’s difficult to find a tailor made diet.

one size does not fit all,

For instance different ages Need different things, if you have Ibs, cholesterol, a vegetarian that can not eat beans and pulses or many vegetables because of Ibs.

the list goes on.

if there was help out there for the individuals it would be great.

hugs

Junie

• MenopauseorjustmeMenopauseorjustme Posts: 433 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@MonicaM

Thank you for posting. A really good suggestion!

We all have things that are either unique for us or we are uncertain how to found the answers.

I am currently doing a course run by the British Menopause Society on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and how it is used to support women in menopause. It's fascinating how our own believes and perceptions on menopause and symptoms can produce worsening menopause symptoms or help us cope a lot easier.

I think we need to talk more about how our own thought processes and believes can map how we cope and deal with symptoms.

This isn't something I read on forums or in threads.

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

• MenopauseorjustmeMenopauseorjustme Posts: 433 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@Junie

I agree, finding people/information about particular types of diets/health conditions can be really hard.

I suppose looking on a website run by an organisation would beneficial; such as the British Heart Foundation for a diet to help your heart or the nhs.uk for treatments/foods with Coeliac disease.

Have you looked on Live Better With and found anything to help you?

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

I have tried lots of websites.

an nhs dietitian is struggling to help me.

my IBS is out of control.

i can not even find a calcium supplement , that does not make my IBS worse.

i can not tolerate Most veg fruit and pulses, so it’s very very difficult for me.

don't eat meat , and most dairy makes me nauseous .

i have had Ibs for many years.

even my gastro consultant is at a loss.

anyway hopefully one day I will find a nutritionist that can help me.

best wishes

junie

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

Hello ladies, where is everyone? How are you doing? Again we are here to support you