Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Friday

Comments

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
  • MenopauseorjustmeMenopauseorjustme Posts: 430 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

I can't wait for the warmer weather and exploring beautiful places again.

@Diane Porterfield-Bourne

I can’t wait to get out either to start traveling. I am ready for the beautiful beaches. I am a travel agent that does group travel so I am looking forward to putting some trips together soon for 2022 and 2023.

I have a side business doing virtual events when the travel business slowed down such as wreath making, candle making, wine tastings painting, pet painting, rock painting, and I enjoyed it. But it has slowed down: one since I have been out for my surgery and I don’t think people still want to do continue to do virtual events

My business info is Events By Monica

@MonicaM

I had no idea you did so much!!

It sounds like you are one very busy lady.

You have lots of interests and working in the travel industry too.

If I could wave a magic wand where would you want to go and why?

I have no idea if I'll get away for a few days; I'd love to though but their is this Indian variant which is starting to take hold in some larger towns now.

I've cancelled my holiday to Spain but really need to get away. I have booked a few days off the end of May, I might take a trip to the seaside 😊

Have you much planned for the weekend?

Diane.

@DianePorterfield-Bourne

Yes, I have been a travel agent for a little while as a side business while working my full time job but things had slowed down so much so I was trying to find some other alternative things to do while travel was on hold so that is how Events By Monica was born. Most people in the US aren't doing virtual events now that the US is pretty much opening back up so not getting much business with virtual events.

I will be starting to put group trips together for 2022 and 2023 because I don't know if a lot of people will be traveling in 2021.

Spain sounds like fun maybe you can go in 2023 if you can't in 2022.

I want to go on an Avalon Water ways tour because it is way less people than an ocean cruise and it is a river cruise less sea sickness because you are on river. The rooms and the cruise is more luxurious to me and I loved the cabins because the beds face the river and they have panaramic views which means ceiling to floor windows which is awesome.

The other place that I would go Dubai because of how beautiful it is and I have a friend whose travel business goes to Dubai a lot. I was supposed to go with her last October but because of Covid I couldn't go but I am hoping to go in 2022 possibly or 2023 either way I am looking forward to it because the country looks so beautiful to me. The only thing that I am not looking forward to is the long plane ride. I don't mind flying on the plane but I am not very happy about flying for long hours but we will see how it all goes by then.

Hopefully you will do something fun at the end of the month.

Last week Events by Monica hosted my husband's family from Chicago for the weekend. We had a good time we toured all around Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC. I set up a private tour for us in Washington DC and we really enjoyed ourselves and we played games at night. We really had a good time lots of fun with the family.