Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

So quite on here

I hope that everyone is doing well, there hasn't been much activity going on.

I just wanted to say stay safe and if you need us please reach out.

Comments

• MenopauseorjustmeMenopauseorjustme Posts: 433 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@MonicaM

I was thinking the same thing...I hope everyone is OK.

In the UK we are back in lockdown, so more opportunity to chat online about menopause and discuss any issues.

I provide private consultations and many women are really struggling with their anxiety during the menopause. That's why talking is so beneficial to our emotional well being.

Hopefully we can chat to more women!

@Blanka_C Can you promote any posts?

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Diane Porterfield-Bourne

This lock down thing is making everyone go crazy and anxious.

I really do hope that people realize they can talk here if they need to even it is just to vent about their feelings.

Ladies, you aren't alone.

• Djdros52Djdros52 Posts: 29 ✭✭

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to thank you'll for keeping the forum because it has helped me so much. I am taking buspron 10 mg 3 times a day and I still feel quite anxious. I am in the U.S. North Carolina and people are still not taking this pandemic very serious. I stay home for the most part but go out for food and medical appointments. I am dealing with vertigo and dizziness at times. I have started therapy for it but can't help but think that the menopause could be more of the cause. Does anyone else suffer with that? I don't go anywhere by myself because of fear of having the motion feeling. I also get quite nauseous.

@Djdros52

Good morning from the UK, it is good to hear from you. Buspron is medication for anxiety but if it isn't working have you discussed this with your family doctor? Do you think your anxiety is due to Covid? Menopause or a mix of everything?

Vertigo is quite common during menopause. Have you discussed HRT with your doctor? I use to get this quite bad but I don't since starting HRT. However; there are many causes to vertigo symptoms that your doctor needs to check out. Vertigo and inner ear problems can make you feel sick too. If it is impacting on your quality of life you doctor should address this for you.

As far as Covid is concerned it's really getting out of control here, numbers are increasing daily and we are in lockdown until at least mid February. All schools closed until the end of Feb at the earliest.

I've just resigned myself to the fact other than a weekly shop and walking outside, that's it!

I'm lucky I can do menopause consultations via online video calling and prescribe HRT to ladies within the UK, as my private clinics remain shut...

What do you do? Can you work from home?

Do talk to your doctor about your dizziness and please let us know how you get on. There aren't many people talking on here at the moment and I have no idea why it's gone so quiet!

If you need any menopause advice, please message me and I will see if I can help.

If not I can always listen.

Best wishes and keep safe.

@MonicaM

Good morning Monica, how are you today?

Anxiety related to menopause can be really bad but I dread to think how bad our mental health will be after all this eases. I'm not even sure when things will get back to normal. You listen to the news and although there are vaccines, there is still so much uncertainty on its level of protection.

I'm working from home, so I am lucky. I have volunteered to give vaccinations at my local doctors practice. I am just waiting to hear. I want to do my bit to fight this awful virus.

I've just got up. It's icy here but need to help my mental health so I'm going to wrap up warm and go for a brisk walk. My town centre is only 10 mins walk away and there is something quite calming about walking around a deserted town early on a Sunday. I also have canals and the river here too, I'm lucky.

I adopted a 4 year old dog on New Years Eve and he has bought so much fun into my home. Plus stroking and tickling dogs is great for reducing stress too!

Then I'm cooking Sunday dinner for my dad.

Where in the US are you Monica?

What are your plans today?

Let's hope more ladies join our conversations!!

Best wishes

Thanks Diane, I have also recently been to a heart doctor and was told I have a fast beating heart and I have a small leak in one of my valves. I occasionally get palpitations with anxiety. I going back on Thursday to discuss meds. He wants to put me on something to slow my heart rate. I guess I am a little worried about the whole situation along with covid and what it does to you. I don't work outside the house so I think that's a good thing but I have a 5 year old grandson to take care of and try to keep well. I have two sons and my husband who work out side the house and that is also stressful to be sure they are being safe. Just trying to do the best I can with it all and menopause added to it. Thanking God who is on my side, because it could be worse. Thanks for listening.

@Diane Porterfield-Bourne

Good morning,

I had a little challenge this weekend some stress was getting to me. I think because I work from home and don't get out but all I did was get outside get some fresh air and drive around a little bit by myself and I felt better. I have to remember while I work from home to get some sunshine and stop staying in the house. Even if it is just for 15 minutes or longer. With times likes this you need every opportunity you can to clear your head.

I try not to listen to the news a lot because that is depressing for me and allows me to go into negative headspace. I watch it when it is necessary but just not every day that helps me with my mental state. If my husband mentions somethings going on or I see people posting things on Facebook then I will watch the news.

My objective right now is to try to stay away from all negative things as much as possible.

That is nice that you have all of that around your house that is great scenery to walk around in awesome.

How was dinner on Sunday?

Congrats on getting a dog. What is the dog's name?

I am in Virginia.

@Djdros52

Hello and thanks for posting

I hope that the medication works for you, so sorry that you are going through those symptoms.

My husband also goes into work and I hate that he has to go, I wish he could stay home. I get stressed sometimes when he goes to work. I try to find ways to block things out of my mind. I have a few of my friends also who have to go to work daily. I feel so badly for them.

I understand with menopause symptoms it really does not help. I am still not sleeping well so every morning I get up tired and sleepy. I have so much on my mind. Just trying to get through every day.

@Djdros52

Lovely to hear from you.

We are living in stressful times so none of this helps does it. But I hope your doctor advises and if needed prescribes you medications for either anxiety, your heart or both. Your grandson will be a great distraction, you can loose yourself in their magical world and forget your worries!

I'm working from home and go out once a day to walk my dog and exercise or to do a big food shop once a week.

I just had to pop to my local corner store to buy stamps and 4 people walked out and none were wearing masks...makes me so angry.

Please keep us posted on

how your appointment tomorrow goes.

Best wishes

@MonicaM

It's good to hear from you.

Sorry to hear you were struggling a bit the weekend. It sounds to me you did the right thing; getting out of the house and walking or driving around helps me switch off too.

My weekend wasn't too bad. I cooked roast chicken and apple crumble, I even made my own vanilla custard! Not great for loosing my Christmas weight though..

Many women can't get to see their GP's due to the lockdown, as their menopause symptoms are worsening. That is why SM really helps.

I'm working from home but the last 3 mornings I got up early, just as it was getting light and went for a brisk walk/jog. Yesterday I knew I needed to get out and felt a million times better when I got home.If it wasn't for jogging and getting those feel good hormones pumping around I know I wouldn't be coping quite as good as I am.

I agree with you about the news....I listen to the main headlines but I try to work or watch something to take my mind off real life!

My little boy is called Merlin. He lived on a farm in the middle of no where, so he's not use to people or traffic. But slowly slowly he's getting better on the lead and as I said he's fun to have around.

I hope the next few days are good to you.

Take care and speak soon.

• JunieJunie Posts: 55 ✭✭

Ovestin cream

can you get this as a pessary

instead of the applicator?

thanks

Junie

Hello everyone, I had a visit with my heart doctor yesterday and overall I was told my heart seems to be in good shape. The only thing is they found that there is a small leak in one of my valves and think that is causing the rapid heart beats. Although, they are not really concerned at this point, they put me on a medicine called Metoprolol tartrate 25mg 1/2 tab in morning and the other in the evening. I read somewhere that a leak in a valve can cause dizziness. I don't know but I hope this medicine works. I am taking a bodies n motion type therapy once a week. Looking toward a bright, and healthy 2021. Hope everyone is well. Thanks for listening! Djdros52

@Junie

Thank you for posting.

Ovestin is a vaginal cream. You can get the equivalent in different oestrogen in pessaries but obviously a cream is a cream.

Your GP can alter your prescription to an Oestrogen pessary that doesn't use an applicator.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

@Djdros52

I am so pleased you saw the Cardiologist and you know your diagnosis. Your beta blockers are heart medication. So fingers crossed your dizziness will pass and you will be monitored by them.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going for you.

Take care.

Best wishes

Many thanks for your help

Junie

@Junie

Keep us posted and I hope that everything works out and that you feel better.

Will let you know

i will call my doctor tomorrow

Junie

@Junie

It's been a while since you last posted, just checking all is OK?

Best wishes