Home Menopause Forum Menopause at Work

Working through the pandemic

Morning ladies. How are you all coping through this tough year? Have you worked through it or are you on furlough? How has it affected your mental health?

I work for the NHS and have worked through it. I'm mentally and physically shattered.. Little things like not being able to have a holiday has totally changed how I'm feeling. That week or 2 away recharges me and gives me the much needed vitamin D that we all need.

This has been a tough year but we can get through it.

Stay strong ladies x

Comments

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Julie20

Good morning

It has been a tough year in 2020 but it has made me thankful for the little things that I used to take for granted. Especially with the holidays coming up. I won’t be able to visit my mom because she is older and don’t want to put her at risk. The numbers are definitely going up in the United States.

I was furloughed back in April, I was lucky I got a job in August.

I am so thankful to have a job now. It is really hard out here now for everyone

our company is doing an employee meditation group this week. We do try to come up with ways to help people during this time to bring some relaxation and join to them.

I understand, I won’t be taking off that many days either for the holidays.

I hope things get better for you it is very stressful times

• MenopauseorjustmeMenopauseorjustme Posts: 432 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

Hi @MonicaM and @Julie20

It certainly has been a tough year. We've all had our own personal struggles, from changing work patterns, money issues and family problems.

If I had a week I could write how awful and challenging this year has been. All of this compounded by not going on holiday. I didn't go away in 2019 as I was studying and had planned a massive trip April this year. Like yourselves I've been outside, walking and making the most of the sun. It definitely helps lift your mood.

We are starting our immunisation programme next week, so fingers crossed it's the start...

I do think we should erase 2020!

Yes??

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Diane Porterfield-Bourne

Yes, we should erase 2020 lol