Home Menopause Forum Menopause at Work

Second lockdown & mental health

Hi ladies, I'm not sure how I feel about this lockdown in England. I understand the decision but on the other hand I'm really worried it's going to affect my mental health. I'm already anxious just from thinking about it. I'll be on furlough so will spend all my time at home, alone.

Any ideas on what I can do to cope? I was thinking doing an online course or something ? Also any ideas on managing anxiety naturally would be great thank you x

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

There are a lot of free online courses going on at the moment to get people through this horrific time.

Do you have any hobbies? I started crochet a year or so ago and it's really addictive.

My daughter suffers with anxiety and took up painting. She has actually become really good at it and she says it calms her nerves. X

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@SuzC

I agree with you this is a tough time especially when you have to go through lock down again. I read sometimes to get my mind off of things. I registered for a lot of classes to take like painting, candle making, wreath making. I have a virtual event planning business so I am able to do a lot of those things to keep my mind occupied. I just try to stay busy doing things around the house whatever makes me feel good other than the regular house chores that have to be done. Try gardening that is relaxing.

I hope these help.

• Mary78Mary78 Posts: 30 ✭✭

Hi @SuzC I feel the same. I sometimes use rescue remedy if I feel stressed and i think it helps a little. You can do this x