Home Menopause Forum Relationships through the Menopause

Hello

Hello everyone, I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

Comments

• Diane Porterfield-BourneDiane Porterfield-Bourne Posts: 322 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@MonicaM

Hello Monica. I hope you have had a lovely Christmas. What did you do?

It was a bit icy here over Christmas but today is lovely and sunny. We don't much bad weather where I live in the UK and no real snow for a good few years.

I'd love to hear what you are doing over the holidays.

Take care.

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 245 mod

@Diane Porterfield-Bourne

My husband and I didn’t do much we just relaxed and it was very peaceful. We did a zoom call with my mother, daughter and grandkids. It definitely was a different time for our holidays. I am very thankful that we are all healthy and doing well especially my mother who is 78.

I have seen my grandkids and daughter since the beginning of Covid but haven’t seen my mom for a long time but I do talk to her every day on the phone or FaceTime. Thank goodness for technology.

I also get a chance to interact with them when I do my virtual events with my side business Events by Monica so I get to see them through that although it doesn’t replace seeing them in person but right now it will have to do untiL things change.

It is still difficult dealing with not being around family and friends. I do miss them all very much.

I will say this with this pandemic it has taught me to appreciate my friends and family and being able to get and do things

• Diane Porterfield-BourneDiane Porterfield-Bourne Posts: 322 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@MonicaM

I know exactly what you mean. Pre Covid life was really crazy and I was working all over the place. This has taught me that valuable lesson too. We had to adapt to new ways of working and living, it's certainly made me re evaluate what's important. Covid has pushed us into an extreme ways of living but it has made us stop and learn to work and live differently. Appreciating family, friends and nature. I have nursed all over the UK but I am now only providing menopause support, which I can do from home. It also enabled me to get a dog, which is wonderful.

Covid has been awful but because of it it has made us change ways for the better.

Happy New Year.

Best wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.